camera on right stick drifting / TES IV:Oblivion

Nyphrodel

camera on right stick drifting / TES IV:Oblivion

Post by Nyphrodel »

Please Help!! I'm playing Oblivion and I've assigned the camera to the right analog stick of my 360 controller. It is normally controlled by the mouse so I have it auto-assigned to Normal and to Look/Camera mode (I've also tried Cursor mode with the same result). It's responding accordingly but if I stop to say pick something up or pick an ingredient, the camera starts to drift to the left. I will tap it and it stops but the minute I use it again and let go, it starts to drift again, At first I thought maybe it was the controller; over time the analog sticks will sometimes lean in one direction or the other. I've had this happen to the left stick because it is used the most for character control, but I have not had this happen to the right. At any rate, this is a brand new controller. I've got the rest of my configuration working properly, but this one problem is making me crazy! Btw, when I test it out of game it doesn't drift. Any suggestions?

Update: When I realized this was only happening in-game, I decided to tweak my ini. I also noticed that my character moved really strange; not quite straight and not quite diagonal. So I changed bUse Joystick=1 to bUse Joystick=0. I guess the game and the XPadder were fighting for control of the joysticks. My camera no longer drifts and my character also moves a lot smoother, more like the console version. I must add that I did need to go into XPadder and increase the joystick speed to double what is was, because the camera moved incredibly slow after this tweak. But now all is well and the game plays like it was made for a controller!! Thanks for a great little application!

Return to “Other questions”