Hi and a question! Hyperspin and MAME

benleach1980

Hi and a question! Hyperspin and MAME

Post by benleach1980 »

Hello there,

I am attempting to get xpadder to work with Hyperspin and MAME but I'm running into a bit of trouble. I have followed the instructions in your guide (albeit with a mingw-mame-w32-20120807 compiler instead of the one in your link, I don't see how much difference it would make though) and I'm doing well up until I'm getting to the compiling stage.

It takes next to no time to compile and I'm not getting the MAME.EXE file to replace my original to get MAME working with xpadder. I've tried it a few different ways where I've extracted the source code (MAME 0.142) but to no avail.

Has anyone had the same issue and found a fix for this or is there a different way of getting my buttons to work as keyboard strokes to MAME using xpadder?

Thanks for any help, I just want to get this to work.

Sel.

benleach1980

Re: Hi and a question! Hyperspin and MAME

Post by benleach1980 »

No-One?

Ok then, something maybe a little easier. Why do I have to install xpadder everytime Windows boots?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

0.1 - Installing Xpadder
Whats the problem? Does the Xpadder.exe disappear every time?

benleach1980

Post by benleach1980 »

Hi sorry for the really late reply!
Yeah that's exectly what it used to do and I had to re-install it but it seems to have sorted itself.

I'm having a few issues running Xpadder with Hyperspin. As I boot into windows Xpadder is running (Icon is in bottom right tray - all good), when I start Hyperspin Xpadder decides it wants a piece of the action and maximises itself, I then have to click the mouse button to minimise it so I can run Hyperspin. I've tried everything but still no joy.

Also I'd like to switch profiles per emulator, I have my one profile for Hyperspin and most emulators apart from the NES one, NEStopia, which I've had to create a second profile for it so I can close it using my mapped ESC button on my pad. I've created an autoprofile to start when Nestopia starts - that works well till I exit out of that and go into Stella emu (still in hyperspin) . Now when I try to exit a game it flashes a little message 'player 1 disabled' then 'player 1 enabled' if I press the ESC button on the pad. I've tried to find the keymap in Stella so I can just disable it but I think it's hardcoded into the system, I can't find it anywhere!

The profile for NEStopia is just ALT + X (exit program) but when I switch back into Hyperspin from it the profile doesn't revert back to my Hyperspin profile. Am I missing anything?

Cheers!

benleach1980

Post by benleach1980 »

EDIT: Ignore the last bit, reading it bacl to myself I looked back in autoprofiles and noticed that my default profile was inactive! Yeah I'm a div!

still having the popping up issue though

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Usually Xpadder would only popup to show a error message.
Another possibility would be that you start Hyperspin via a batch file (or similar) that also executes the Xpadder.exe. If Xpadder is already running, the main window will open. The setting "Start minimized (if started by user)" won't apply in this case as Xpadder is already running.

Return to “Other questions”