Borderlands 2 - (XBOX360 Controller)

dragonclawz69

Borderlands 2 - (XBOX360 Controller)

Post by dragonclawz69 »

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums but thought I would let everyone know that I am working on a configuration for Borderlands 2. I got the movement down and most of the buttons such as aim, shot, grenades, reload, crouch, jump, etc. The thing I need to work out at the moment is how to integrate the map setting on the gamepad. Although that is not really needed as you can access that by going into the inventory and cycling to the map tab.

Just thought I would start a thread for this game. Will post the configuration for the controls when I get it down and it feels comfortable to use.

dragonclawz69

Re: Borderlands 2 - (XBOX360 Controller)

Post by dragonclawz69 »

Okay, I am just about finished on this but am having a bit of a problem, looking for some help. I have the Sprint set to the B button with Toggle enabled. Thus if I push it I should run. However I seem to have a couple controls crossed as sometimes when I hit the B button, it make my character crouch? I have the crouch set as the button on the Lt Stick with toggle set. Any ideas as to way this is happening? The other thing that I am running into is sometimes when I go to use my special ability, it throws a grenade. I have the grenade set to the Lt Shoulder and the special ability set to the Lt D-pad. Any ideas or thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Borderlands 2 has native controller support, so you doesn't even need a profile except you don't like the native support. But if you want to use Xpader you need to disable the native controller support either if possible via a game setting or over one of these workarounds. Try the third possibility, if it doesn't work then try the first one.

johnrr6

Post by johnrr6 »

Update on this subject 5/15/2013: got this directly from Gearbox "You can disable the controller by using a command line option when you start the game. Right click on "Borderlands 2" in the Steam Game Library, select "Properties", then click the "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS" button and enter...

-NoController ...and that should disable any controller input."

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showp ... ostcount=2

I am using it to disable the native controller support in BL2 so I can use Xpadder to map keys to a Razer Sabertooth controller. Works a treat!

shoutout33

Post by shoutout33 »

dragonclawz69 wrote:Okay, I am just about finished on this but am having a bit of a problem, looking for some help. I have the Sprint set to the B button with Toggle enabled. Thus if I push it I should run. However I seem to have a couple controls crossed as sometimes when I hit the B button, it make my character crouch? I have the crouch set as the button on the Lt Stick with toggle set. Any ideas as to way this is happening? The other thing that I am running into is sometimes when I go to use my special ability, it throws a grenade. I have the grenade set to the Lt Shoulder and the special ability set to the Lt D-pad. Any ideas or thoughts on this would be appreciated.
dragonclawz,

Were you able to finish the profile for Borderlands 2? Just checking, because if you haven't, I need to start working on one. Thanks. :D

shoutout33

Post by shoutout33 »

What's up people! I've finally figured out the best way to use Borderlands 2 using the Xbox 360 controller; the Borderlands 2 Cheat Engine Third person mod (Ver. 3.2); and xpadder. Since the game already has native controller support, the ONLY button you need to compensate for is the right mouse button. So when you are playing in third person and use the aim button, it will go into first person (via cheat engine) so you can hit your target. The reason this is awesome for folks who want to play with the controller, is because you don't always hit the enemy character's in the third person view. Using this method helps gamers using the Xbox 360 gamepad compensate for this. :mrgreen:

Return to “Other questions”