Belkin n52te help - Multiple inputs at same time not working

nieosatlio

Belkin n52te help - Multiple inputs at same time not working

Post by nieosatlio »

So when using the Belkin n52te in swtor i noticed that i cannot press 2 buttons at the same time. To clarify i can program many keys to a single button. But when i try to press 2 at the same time it does not accept the 2nd button press input. Is this for all controllers? Is this a bug that can be fixed? It is particularly annoying when i am running (thumb button forward) and press my sprint key, I am having to stop running then press sprint. It is also particularly annoying when i use the thump to WSAD as i cant walk at an angle because it isn't accepting 2 buttons inputs at the same time.

This has to be a limitation to xpadder because when i enable my set that was programed via the belkin n52te software it accepts multiple inputs at the same time into the device. But not when im using xpadder.

The reason i would prefer to use xpadder over the native belkin n52te software is the belkin n52te software doesnt have a toggle option.

Thanks

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Belkin n52te help - Multiple inputs at same time not working

Post by Primal Fear »

Normally you could theoretically even press all gamepad buttons same time, at least there are no technical limitations on the side of Xpadder.
If you have the Xpadder main window open and press two or more buttons at the same time, do all buttons get green?

nieosatlio

Post by nieosatlio »

Nope. That is how i found out it would not take all inputs at once.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Press the Windows key and R at the same time, type joy.cpl and press enter. In the opening Game Controller Control Panel of Windows should be the n52te listed. Double click this entry to open the Properties for this device.
Here will red circles light up when you press any button. If it is here the same when you press two or more buttons, then this signal definitely comes that way from the driver of the n52te that is emulating the controller input.
Check if the software of the n52te has any setting regarding that matter or if it helps to reinstall the driver.

If Game Controller Control Panel shows every input correctly, then open again the Xpadder Settings and disable "Use Xinput (If installed)" under Options.

nieosatlio

Post by nieosatlio »

The n52te is showing up as a Virtual Hid Device. The only way i can get it working with xpadder is by assinging each key as Direct Input "Di Button" accorss the board via the n52te software. Xpadder will then accept inputs in xpadder. via joy.cpl buttons do not activate when pressed.

Here it gets even more odd. Button set 1. I have programed via the n52te software. Multiple buttons work just fine. Button set 2. Are programed as Di Button 1-22. I can now program via xpadder (ie it recognizes button presses in the xpadder software) But not multiple at the same time.
Last edited by nieosatlio on 27 Oct 2012, 22:48, edited 1 time in total.

nieosatlio

Post by nieosatlio »

Also, when the n52te is programed via the belkin software to all Di Buttons. joy.cpl does indeed show button presses. But no, not multiple presses at same time.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Direct Input stands for game controller input, thats the reason why Xpadder can only detect input from this device if DirectInput Buttons are assigned.
The software installs for every type of input (keyboard, mouse and game controller) a different virtual driver to emulate the respective input over it. "Virtual" means that there is not directly a actual device behind it.
So if you emulate gamepad input instead of keyboard input there is in every way a different driver used for that.

I still guess that there is either a setting in the n52te software that is causing that or that there is a problem with the virtual driver, so reinstalling the software should help.

Return to “Other questions”