Xpadder Crashing Minecraft! Please Help!

demodicus

Xpadder Crashing Minecraft! Please Help!

Post by demodicus »

The game works perfectly using the standard "wasd" setup but crashes when I use Xpadder. I'm not sure how many here are familiar with the game but, specifically, Minecraft crashes when I attempt to access my inventory/chests. Please note that i have been using Xpadder for months playing Minecraft and that the crashing only began as of Minecraft's most recent update (version 1.4). I've exhausted all possible resources at the Minecraft Tech Support/Forums so i thought I'd see if anyone here might have a solution. Thanks! :?:

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Xpadder Crashing Minecraft! Please Help!

Post by Primal Fear »

I have played some hours Minecraft yesterday, except of some flickering torch fires on totally wrong places I had no problems.

Does the game always crash when you open the inventory via Xpadder?
When you play with keyboard and mouse, does the game still crash if Xpadder is only running in background without triggering any input with the gamepad?
Do you play in fullscreen or windowed mode?
Single or Multiplayer?
Do you have any mods installed, maybe inventory tweaks?

demodicus

Post by demodicus »

Thank you for responding... I really appreciate the help.
Primal Fear wrote:I have played some hours Minecraft yesterday, except of some flickering torch fires on totally wrong places I had no problems.

Does the game always crash when you open the inventory via Xpadder? NO... IT IS INTERMITTENT BUT ALWAYS CRASHES THE GAME AFTER OPENING NO MORE THAN 4-5 CHESTS
When you play with keyboard and mouse, does the game still crash if Xpadder is only running in background without triggering any input with the gamepad? NO
Do you play in fullscreen or windowed mode? IT HAPPENS ON BOTH
Single or Multiplayer? IT HAPPENS ON BOTH
Do you have any mods installed, maybe inventory tweaks? NO 'MODS'... 'VANILLA' VERSION

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Terra Branford »

That... is really weird. I honestly have never seen Minecraft crash because of Xpadder being used (I've been playing Minecraft for months, using an overly complex profile and more mods than I likely should be).

I'm using version 1.4.2 Full Release of Minecraft, and the last updated version of Xpadder (full version, from... May of this year, I think)... never once saw a single issue... and I'm doing ~really~ crazy crap, like a "If I press Y, it opens up the inventory, but if I press it again, and hold it, it opens up the Alpha Chest on Bukkit Servers" command... and modified Macro / Keybind interface toggles using Xpadder as the frontend interface).

You might need to post your PC stats, so people can help you with this. It doesn't exactly sound like an issue with either Minecraft, or Xpadder... especially in that you are getting crashes from opening your Chests... which just doesn't make sense.

You said you're using a Vanilla client, and playing 1.4... but you didn't mention which 1.4.x version. There are two currently used "stable builds"; 1.4.2 (which is what I'm using), and 1.4.4 (which also has a backwards compatible 1.4.5pre-release version that addresses the last slew of bugs that came out with the 1.3.2 to 1.4.x updates). People will need to know your version, to narrow down whether it truly isn't Minecraft's fault.

Also, have you updated your Java console lately? You might want to consider removing your old version, and updating to the latest build. They did some security fixes, and a few tweaks. It's a long shot, but who knows... maybe your Java version, plus client version, and Xpadder are somehow causing a minor conflict. Who knows?

Return to “Other questions”