"Joystick Flicking"

steph.lovik

"Joystick Flicking"

Post by steph.lovik »

Controller: Playstation 3 Dualshock 3
Drivers: MotionJoy (Current)
Mode: X-Box 360 Mode-Default profile

Hi, I have noticed that when using xpadder with a joystick configured to mouse mode with spring mode active, if you Joystick Flick, that is tilt and let go instead of manually re-centering it, that once the controller reaches 0,0 the program stops moving the mouse cursor even if it hasn't caught up to the 0,0 position.

If any of this post needs clarification please just let me know, I am even willing to record an example and upload to youtube for you if you can recommend a good and free recording app.

Thank you for your time,
Steph

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: "Joystick Flicking"

Post by Primal Fear »

If you add a 0.01 Release Zone followed by two opposite mouse direction for each direction, it works perfectly.

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2012.05.01
Name=(Untitled profile)
Set1StickDiagonalSizes=45,89
Set1Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move Up,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Mouse Move Up,Mouse Move Down
Set1Stick2UpMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick2UpMouseMode=Spring
Set1Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move Right,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Mouse Move Left,Mouse Move Right
Set1Stick2RightMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick2RightMouseMode=Spring
Set1Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move Down,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Mouse Move Up,Mouse Move Down
Set1Stick2DownMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick2DownMouseMode=Spring
Set1Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Mouse Move Left,Mouse Move Right
Set1Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick2LeftMouseMode=Spring

steph.lovik

Post by steph.lovik »

Okay, that does indeed work, thank you. As a total newb I feel compelled to ask, is there any way to add the release zone in the GUI settings, cause I'm not seeing that anywhere.

Thank you for your time,
Steph

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

You need to click on the button "Advanced..." in the lower right of the Assignment window. More informations about Advanced Assignments are here.

Return to “Other questions”