Why Won't this Work

CIGATOR1959

Why Won't this Work

Post by CIGATOR1959 »

I got Xpadder to use with the Penumbra game series. I loaded the xbox360 controller image. Found the Penumbra profile in the Profile section. I copied and pasted the profile and saved the profile. I noticed the profile was old and had the wrong Xpadder version number, so I edited the profile in notepad and saved it. I ran Penumbra Overture, none of the profile settings work. I noticed that even when i pasted the profile, the controller image never shows the key assignments.

If this makes sense to anyone can you please help me out so i can use Xpadder for my intended purpose. Thanks

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Why Won't this Work

Post by Primal Fear »

Did you create your controller layout before pasting the profile?
CIGATOR1959 wrote: I noticed the profile was old and had the wrong Xpadder version number, so I edited the profile in notepad and saved it.
There is no need to change the version number in the profile. The only function of the verion number is to trigger an information if the profile was created with a newer version of Xpadder then you use, so there could be content in the profile that cannot be read by your current version.

CIGATOR1959

Post by CIGATOR1959 »

Thanks for responding. I did create the controller image before pasting the profile. Does that render the profile ineffective? Because Xpadder shows that it sees my 360 controller, and it see the pasted profile. however the controller has no input to the game.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

The controller layout needs to be created before pasting a profile.
CIGATOR1959 wrote:I noticed that even when i pasted the profile, the controller image never shows the key assignments.
but
CIGATOR1959 wrote:...and it see the pasted profile.
After pasting (or loading) the profile, your Xpadder main window should look like in the image below (but of course with another controller image and background).
Text/Images: Show
When you click on the "Abc" button in the lower right, you should see the assignments instead of their names.

If this is the case so far, try to move the mouse cursor in windows with the right stick. If that is working and it isn't in the game anymore try running Xpadder as admin because of Windows UAC.

CIGATOR1959

Post by CIGATOR1959 »

I have controller image saved. I paste and save the profile. But when I hit ABC, I get no assignments on the controller. I ran it as administrator. I have no clue what I am doing wrong. Maybe I should remove the whole thing and reinstall. I reinstalled xpadder. Same problem. Even if I dont install an image, when I past the profile and hit ABC I still see no assignments. Any other ideas?

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Have a look again on 1.2 - Creating a controller layout. There is a so called Hide Box at the end that contains the step by step manual how to create a controller layout. To see it you need to click on "show".
If you have done that, your main window should look like this.
The white squares should get green when you press their corresponding button or stick direction on the gamepad.

If that is working so far, go to the post with my profile for Penumbra, scroll down to the Code Box, click "Select all" behind "Code:" and press CTRL+C on your keyboard. Now try pasting the profile again.

CIGATOR1959

Post by CIGATOR1959 »

Thanks for your help. I finally got it to work. It was my ignorance. I use xpadder on my home desktop and on my laptop. I mapped the keys on the desktop but not laptop. Once I assigned the proper sticks, buttons and triggers, it works fine on my laptop. Sorry for the bother. As you seem to be an expert, I want to thank you for the many profiles. Im sure I will be using others as I move into other games. Thanks again.

Return to “Other questions”