Xpadder on Hyperspin Arcade w/ 360 Controller

eXo

Xpadder on Hyperspin Arcade w/ 360 Controller

Post by eXo »

Ok, so here is the deal.

I spent quite a while getting HS setup properly, all the assets named and downloaded, etc.

I then installed all this on a HTPC box I put together, with the intent that this box will sit below my TV, and allow me to access all my games.

I then got a MS wireless adapter for the 360, installed that, and synced up 2 controllers.

I then created a 1player and a 2 player profile.

At this point I assigned a certain group of keyboard keys to each button on each controller (no overlaps or anything like that). Then I went into each emulator, and set the keys to the keyboard that corrosponded with the mapped keys. For example, if Z,X,C,V were assigned to the 4 face buttons of the controller, in the emulator I assigned action keys/face buttons to these four.

When I plug a controller in it appears to recognize it, and loads up the controller profile.

However, I have 2 major problems.

First - when exiting from an emulator and going back to the HS main menu, there seems to be a 50% chance of the controller not responding anymore. The system still sees it, but X-Padder stops translating the key presses, so I can't navigate the menu anymore without going back to my mouse.

The second issue is in a 2 player game, I have really off things happen. For example, in my snes emulator, after about 5 minutes of playing a 2player fighting game, xpadder suddenly mapped both players to the first joystick. So if the 1st player walked right, both characters went right. If He high punched, both on screen characters high punched.

This all happened over the summer, and I am just now getting to a point where I have time to mess with this again. It was very frustrating to spend so long putting the box together and getting HS to run, just to have these controller issues dominate the experience.

I suppose the first step is to see if a new version has been put up for download, but beyond that I wanted to know if the things I am dealing with are common at all? My system is running Win7 x64, core i7, 16gb ram. If any other specs are relevant, let me know and I'll post. Otherwise, any assistance or suggestions are welcome.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Xpadder on Hyperspin Arcade w/ 360 Controller

Post by Primal Fear »

eXo wrote:First - when exiting from an emulator and going back to the HS main menu, there seems to be a 50% chance of the controller not responding anymore. The system still sees it, but X-Padder stops translating the key presses, so I can't navigate the menu anymore without going back to my mouse.
Do you have a AutoProfile entry configured for this program?
eXo wrote:The second issue is in a 2 player game, I have really off things happen. For example, in my snes emulator, after about 5 minutes of playing a 2player fighting game, xpadder suddenly mapped both players to the first joystick. So if the 1st player walked right, both characters went right. If He high punched, both on screen characters high punched.
Well, there is a known problem with two (or more) controllers of the same type that only seems to occur with some controller. But nobody had this problem with the Xbox360pad yet. Also you would need to disconnect one of them, to have the other one working both of them.
If this problem occurs again, open the Xpadder main window and check if pressing a button on one of the controllers causes that the respective buttons for both controller are getting green and if the other one is still working at all.

eXo

Re: Xpadder on Hyperspin Arcade w/ 360 Controller

Post by eXo »

I do not have xpadder setup to use profiles for different programs. I simply assigned keypad buttons to the controller in xpadde,r and then attempted to set those same keys in every single emulator and the front end. So if xpadder were to not worry about what program was open, and would simply just translate the keypresses, there shouldn't be a problem. Running nearly 30 emulators, I didn't feel like diving in and creating 30 software profiles.

Return to “Other questions”