How would i use xpadder on Operation Flashpoint Red River? [ have solution ]

rossharris121

How would i use xpadder on Operation Flashpoint Red River? [ have solution ]

Post by rossharris121 »

Operation Flashpoint Red River is a game on games for windows which has built in support for the X360 controller. What I want to do is make a custom xpadder profile to use during gameplay. However the game won't let me disable the X360 control default game controls so xpadder profile is overridden by default game controls of x360 controller. Could you possibly help me? I searched all over the internet on how to disable x360 for the game and also for games for windows in general. Thanks.

rossharris121

Re: How would i use xpadder on Operation Flashpoint Red River? [ have solution ]

Post by rossharris121 »

I discovered that by connecting two xbox360 controllers on my computer at the same time I could use xpadder with the 2nd control while the other just was connected and not used. The game still first looks at the first x360 controller for input but since there are two for some reason it doesn't look at the 2nd one for input so I can use that with xpadder. I have a great custom xpadder profile for the game which I will be posting shortly.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: How would i use xpadder on Operation Flashpoint Red River? [ have solution ]

Post by Primal Fear »

I made this post about that. Connecting two Xbox360 controllers seems like a nice PlanB, but maybe my third possibility with this xinput1_x.dll is working as a more comfortable solution.

rossharris121

Post by rossharris121 »

okay your solution number one actually worked. What I did was I connected the x360 controller right after I started the game. How I got out of the game though was by simply pushing the "windows" button that comes on most all keyboards nowadays. It is a really fast way to get back to the desktop from an opened full screen application without affecting the game that much.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

And what's about the third (now) fourth possibility I have mentioned?
How I got out of the game though was by simply pushing the "windows" button that comes on most all keyboards nowadays. It is a really fast way to get back to the desktop from an opened full screen application without affecting the game that much.
That does basically the same like Alt+Tab, except that Alt+Tab should normally work with all games (except it is buggy in that matter, but then the Window key won't help too).

Return to “Other questions”