Mapping xbox360 controller to Autodesk Maya

briese140

Mapping xbox360 controller to Autodesk Maya

Post by briese140 »

Hey!

I was wondering if anyone has any insight on mapping to a 3d program like Autodesk Maya.

I'm interested in mapping:
Right joy stick to rotate camera (Alt + Left Click + Move Mouse)
Left joy stick to pan camera (Alt + Middle Click + Move Mouse)

With the slots I can only seem to map alt + click, not all three at once. I can map one of the triggers to be alt + left click and then just use the joystick to mouse, but it's not as efficient as I'd like.

Has anyone else mapped Maya before?

Cheers,

Matt

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Mapping xbox360 controller to Autodesk Maya

Post by Primal Fear »

Click in the Assignment Window on "Advanced..." and then click in the Assignment window on all key, mouse buttons and mouse directions (pointed arrows in the mouse area) that you want to assign. The will all be added in the Slots of the advanced Assignment window.

briese140

Post by briese140 »

great, thanks for the info. Is there a way to keep the mouse centered in a window? So when you move it to the side, it resets itself to the center?

thanks again,

Matt

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Not on windows, you can only center the cursor on the screen using the mouse mode "Spring. Select this mode by clicking on the tool symbol near the respective stick and then on "Mouse Settings..." and then clicking on spring mode.
But I recommend to modify the standard setting for the mouse spring a little bit.
1. A 0.01s Release Zone followed by two opposite mouse direction after the normal mouse movement for every stick direction makes the cursor more properly returning to center
2. Changing the Diagonal Size to 89 in the Stick Settings (tool symbol near the stick->settings...) allows to reach the whole screen

If you assign two opposite mouse direction with the spring mode to a button, it will move the cursor to the center too. To change the mouse mode of a button (or single stick direction), click on the tool symbol in the respective Assignment window.

Code: Select all

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2012.05.01
Name=(Untitled profile)
Set1StickDiagonalSizes=45,89
Set1Button6Name=center cursor
Set1Button6Slots=Mouse Move Up,Mouse Move Down
Set1Button6MouseSpeed=32
Set1Button6MouseMode=Spring
Set1Stick2UpName=improved
Set1Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move Up,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Mouse Move Up,Mouse Move Down
Set1Stick2UpMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick2UpMouseMode=Spring
Set1Stick2RightName=spring
Set1Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move Right,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Mouse Move Left,Mouse Move Right
Set1Stick2RightMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick2RightMouseMode=Spring
Set1Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move Down,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Mouse Move Up,Mouse Move Down
Set1Stick2DownMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick2DownMouseMode=Spring
Set1Stick2LeftName=mouse
Set1Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Mouse Move Left,Mouse Move Right
Set1Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick2LeftMouseMode=Spring

Return to “Other questions”