Razer Hydra setup

mbeecher

Razer Hydra setup

Post by mbeecher »

[Initial setup question]

I'm trying to assign 'sticks', 'buttons' and 'triggers' in 'controller settings' for a Razer Hydra (http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-controllers/razer-hydra -- which can be used as a "gamepad controller"), on win7pro.

I've already create an image and loaded it.

However, none of the keypresses on the controller are registering in xpadder:
- click on 'sticks', click checkbox for 'enabled' and am prompted with 'push stick 1 left': I do so on the controller, but nothing happens.

Rinse and repeat for 'buttons' and 'tiggers'. I can still place the 'Sticks' and 'triggers' icons on the picture, but I'd assume they won't actively do anything, plus I can't even place icons for the 'buttons' since they only appear once pressed.

I know that the controller is recognized by windows: I've used it in several games on Steam, and the "control-panel...game controllers: Properties: test" in windows7 accurately detects all of the buttons/joysticks on the device). I have no other game controllers connected to my system.

Any thoughts?

Mobeeuz
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Razer Hydra setup

Post by Mobeeuz »

The hydra doesn't use xinput so xpadder won't find it. You can use x360ce to get it to work in games but you will end up with the Z-Axis trigger issue: You can't press both triggers at the same time making it useless for 90% of the games out there. The closest you can get is the Hydra forums workaround available here.

Return to “Other questions”