Hello there,

Xpadder keeps on disconnecting.

I keep on getting thie error code : 214747259

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Xpadder keeps on disconnecting.

Post by Primal Fear »

What controller do you use?
What else than the error code does the error message say?
Which version of Windows do you use?

cptblobs

Post by cptblobs »

I use a xbox pad,windows 7 and thats all the message has to say really.

using it on planetside 2 at the moment,work fine in bf3,just started doing it only now though.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Hmm, only Jonathan could know what this error code could mean. Usually the error messages also have a text.

1.Is your Xbox360pad wired or wireless?
2.Does the issue occur while Xpadder is unused in background, when you use your controller (with or without a profile loaded, maybe a special profile?) or when you have Xpadder open? Or is there no systematic at all?

3.And what do you actually mean with "Xpadder keeps disconnecting" (Xpadder isn't connected to anything, so I assume you mean your controller):
Do you hear the USB disconnection sound?
Do the LED's on the controller react in some way?

4.Is Xpadder acting strange after that (so except of the error message and the usual stuff when you disconnect the controller yourself), when you open the controller or profile menu or the settings?

cptblobs

Post by cptblobs »

1.Is your Xbox360pad wired or wireless?
The pad is wired.

2.Does the issue occur while Xpadder is unused in background, when you use your controller (with or without a profile loaded, maybe a special profile?) or when you have Xpadder open? Or is there no systematic at all?
It happens when im using the controller.
Profile is loaded.

3.And what do you actually mean with "Xpadder keeps disconnecting" (Xpadder isn't connected to anything, so I assume you mean your controller):
The square in the top left corner goes red,thats when i get the error code...then it comes on for a brief time then disconnect again then reconnects, but the red square is on all the time then though.

Do you hear the USB disconnection sound?
yes

Do the LED's on the controller react in some way?
Don't think so.

4.Is Xpadder acting strange after that (so except of the error message and the usual stuff when you disconnect the controller yourself), when you open the controller or profile menu or the settings?
Some keys on the CP stick on green as if im pressing them when im not,and the red square in the top left corner stays red.

This happened a long time back but managed to fix it ,but do you think i can remember what I did ...NO :roll:

Oh yes it does say :
Command
Createdevice

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Do you have the controller connected on an USB Hub without an own AC adapter or on a very long extension cable (more than 3m). It could be a power problem with the controller, in that case the LED'S on the controller should show a specific error code when the problem occurs.
cptblobs wrote:4.Is Xpadder acting strange after that (so except of the error message and the usual stuff when you disconnect the controller yourself), when you open the controller or profile menu or the settings?
Some keys on the CP stick on green as if im pressing them when im not,and the red square in the top left corner stays red.
Actually the main are should be completely empty when the controller is disconnected, which is indicate by the red background in the tab. The stick direction are green because the axes reset their selves to minimum or maximum (no signal) if the controller isn't controller working anymore.
cptblobs wrote:This happened a long time back but managed to fix it ,but do you think i can remember what I did ...NO :roll:
So did this error only occur once or already some times?
Basically you only need to reconnect the controller and, if Xpadder shouldn't work properly anymore, close Xpadder completely and to restart it.
If the normal way to close Xpadder shouldn't work, open the TaskManager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc), search for the process "Xpadder.exe *32", click on it to select it and click on the button "End Process".

cptblobs

Post by cptblobs »

Do you have the controller connected on an USB Hub without an own AC adapter or on a very long extension cable (more than 3m). It could be a power problem with the controller, in that case the LED'S on the controller should show a specific error code when the problem occurs.
Standered length,USB to PC
Actually the main are should be completely empty when the controller is disconnected, which is indicate by the red background in the tab.
all the keys are not showing when the red square appears ,yes thats right sorry about that
So did this error only occur once or already some times?
Many years ago yes,but that was on a different PC.
Basically you only need to reconnect the controller and, if Xpadder shouldn't work properly anymore, close Xpadder completely and to restart it.
If the normal way to close Xpadder shouldn't work, open the TaskManager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc), search for the process "Xpadder.exe *32", click on it to select it and click on the button "End Process".
That was one of the first things i tried.

Return to “Other questions”