issue with win 8

Lian

issue with win 8

Post by Lian »

hi all, when win 8 start xpadder start like the first time asking me Language etc etc, with win 7 he start with all the setting
i have already set the option to auto open the last profile but doesent work :(

edit:
i saw that the program doesent save the modify, if i check to start with Windows and load the profile, at the next reboot he start like first time (no data saved) and if i look the option the start option is not more active, so the program doesent save the data option that i check :/

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: issue with win 8

Post by Primal Fear »

You have probably placed the Xpadder.exe in the program files folder. As Windows doesn't allow programs that are not running with administrator privileges to write in that area, Xpadder cannot save it's config file.
That's, by the way, the reason why so many games are saving configs and save games under My Documents or AppData.

You have two possibilities:
1. You can simply place the Xpadder.exe somewhere else (e.g. my documents), so everywhere else than the Program Files folders or the Windows folder.
2. You can run Xpadder always with admin privileges via the Task Planer.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/67 ... p-log.html
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/11 ... reate.html
That you are also directly avoiding the UAC-Issue.

Lian

Post by Lian »

thanks for the answer !!
i had found also another solution (but your should be better) i will write my solution maybe should be usefull for someone else
i had start the file with xp sp3 compatibility so the program had made the ini file then i had unckeck the compatibility and now works

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

In Windows XP it was still possible and usual to save directly in the installation folder, so the newer Windows versions are probably supposed to allow that in this or a lower compatibility mode.
The problem is if you disable this possible after the Xpadder.ini has been created, Xpadder will not be able to change this file anymore. So any changes in the Xpadder setting cannot be saved again.

Return to “Other questions”