I keep getting beeping sound(like connected controller notification) during gameplay

tolber10

I keep getting beeping sound(like connected controller notification) during gameplay

Post by tolber10 »

Hey all,I've only used this exclusively with swtor and I constantly hear that lil chime every few seconds,I thought it was something to do with Star Wars & paid it no mind..well then I started crysis 3 up tonight for the first time( pc gaming nooby & this is only my second game ever playing on it) and the issue was still there...Now I know this game doesn't need xpadder at all,I've made sure it was shut off/not running and even killed in task manager but I still get that annoying chime constantly so is there anyway to stop this?

Is xpadder still auto running somehow,a setting i need to change or something? Oh also I'm using a wireless 360 with USB adapter

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: I keep getting beeping sound(like connected controller notification) during gameplay

Post by Primal Fear »

The reason for such a problem is definitely neither Xpadder nor one of your games. I either expect problems with the wireless connection between your controller and the wireless receiver or problems with the USB connection of the receiver or at least it's power supply. If it is even that contoller that is causing these sounds, as it should work in these moments when the PC doesn't detect it anymore.

You need to close Xpadder in the notification area like explained here. After doing that you shouldn't find Xpadder anymore in the Task Manager. If the sounds now occur, you can be sure that Xpadder is not the reason ;).

1. Do the sounds only occur while using the controller or do they also occur when it is off and only the wireless receiver is connected?

2.You should hear first the disconnection sound (which is a higher tone followed by a lower tone) and then a connection sound (which is the lower tone followed by the higher one). Is there a longer time interval between them or does the connection sound come directly after the disconnection sound?

3. Do the LED's on the controller show sometime something unusual (usual means that only the quarter for the 1 in on)?

4. Is the wireless receiver connected to a USB-hub?

tolber10

Re: I keep getting beeping sound(like connected controller notification) during gameplay

Post by tolber10 »

Yeah your right,it nvr dawned on me that it was my wireless USB connector for my 360,I run win8 and it seems kinda finicky with it at times on windows 8 & even tough I have the most up to date drives & it works properly(no I'm not using wireless hub) I constantly get a PC mssg saying something along the lines of "windows cannot recognize the last USB device connected"

And that's the notification sound I believe because its making the "connecting a device to my PC" sound over and hr every so often, it's not game interfering but it's annoying hearing it in your games constantly

Return to “Other questions”