Windows 7 trouble

ericturn203

Windows 7 trouble

Post by ericturn203 »

Purchased 5.6 today and having same problems I had with 5.3 trying to run on windows 7.

Basically I get everything installed and set up (while setting up the joysticks the program glitches visually a little and sometimes it will freeze up a bit.

After getting the joysticks set up everything goes smooth. Except when I try to use anything after completing the set up. Basically the only things that work are the left joystick and the back button and Dpad.I set the left joystick as my mouse. I use a logitech controller.

No idea why but this is what is happening. I have missed 2 days of work because of this not having fun lol. So if you can help me ASAP that would be great.

I have UAC turned off. I have tried running it in every mode from XP service pack 2 - Vista service pack 2- I have tried manually running as administrator. I have reinstalled everything. Same problem and same results no matter what I do.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Windows 7 trouble

Post by mnl1121 »

These are 2 things to try. First delete the .ini file that is generated by Xpadder the first time you use it. Most likely the file was created by Xpadder version 5.3. Some things may have been changed and the 5.3 version of the .ini may be messing some things up. Second, make sure your logitech controller drivers are up-to-date and properly installed.

ericturn203

Post by ericturn203 »

mnl1121 wrote:These are 2 things to try. First delete the .ini file that is generated by Xpadder the first time you use it. Most likely the file was created by Xpadder version 5.3. Some things may have been changed and the 5.3 version of the .ini may be messing some things up. Second, make sure your logitech controller drivers are up-to-date and properly installed.
I had already deleted 5.3 before installing 5.6. I went ahead and did it again. Still the same problem. Not sure if you want me to delete something then try to run it though. Im unsure on what the ini file is. After downloading and installing v5.6 i get 3 files. Languages Folder. Shortcut to forums. And the .exe file. EDIT: ok see that the .ini file is created after I close the program for the first time after setting it up. I deleted it and created a new profile and still same problem.

On thing that changed though was the visual glitch and freezing has not happened on my last 4-5 attempts.

I had already updated the drivers on the controller twice, but tried again. IT still works on my vista computer with 5.3 just fine so it is not a hardware problem. The D-pad and all directions work. The left joy works. And 1 button works. And the back button. The triggers and bumpers do not work. Strangest most frustrating thing, because it really does not make sense. I never had any problems with the program prior to this. And now half the controller seems to work and half doesnt.

I have 3 friends with the exact same controller and set up running windows 7 1 uses the 5.6 version the other 2 use 5.3 (1 with the exact same computer bought within the past week, using identical programs he runs v5.3) His seems to work fine as far as he can tell.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Open Xpadders controller properties by clicking the controller tab in the main window. Does the graphs reflect inputs of the controller? Are there graphs for XInput? You shouldn't, If you do deleselect the XInput option in Xpadders Settings. It is accessed by clicking the wrench in the top right corner of the main Xpadder window.

ericturn203

Post by ericturn203 »

SGTCableDog wrote:Open Xpadders controller properties by clicking the controller tab in the main window. Does the graphs reflect inputs of the controller? Are there graphs for XInput? You shouldn't, If you do deleselect the XInput option in Xpadders Settings. It is accessed by clicking the wrench in the top right corner of the main Xpadder window.
Ok when i hit the 'wrench' I did not see any graphs in any of the tabs. In options there is an Xinput box that was checked under 'running'. I unchecked it and tried, and it still does not work.

Under the controllers tab it reads "Order:1 - NAme: logitech dual action controller - ID: 046D;C216 - Found: 1"

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

SGTCableDog wrote:Open Xpadders controller properties by clicking the controller tab in the main window. Does the graphs reflect inputs of the controller?
I think this 1st suggestion will highlight the problem. Follow Cable's instructions that I have quoted and you'll find the graphs.

ericturn203

Post by ericturn203 »

Jonathan wrote:
SGTCableDog wrote:Open Xpadders controller properties by clicking the controller tab in the main window. Does the graphs reflect inputs of the controller?
I think this 1st suggestion will highlight the problem. Follow Cable's instructions that I have quoted and you'll find the graphs.
Ok found the graphs. The graphs do reflect the input of the controller. The joystcks are sitting half down the graph. The button graph is empty, and when i hit a button it goes 1, 2, 4, 8, 16 etc depending on the button.

But there are no graphs for Xinput. I tried with Xinput selected and deselected from the other screen. And no graphs for Xinput

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

Not have any graphs for Xinput is good since Logitech controllers can't utilize Xinput.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Xpadder is receiving the controllers raw data all right and it is not mistakingly trying to read XInput. I would guess you have a bad controller layout. Have you tried creating a new one?

Return to “Other questions”