Use PS3 controller in Xpadder wihtout Motioninjoy or SCP drivers?

Cuzzin Chizzy

Use PS3 controller in Xpadder wihtout Motioninjoy or SCP drivers?

Post by Cuzzin Chizzy »

So I have my PS3 controller currently enabled on my pc using motioninjoy drivers and the BetterDS3 tool.
the only problem with this setup is that the motioninjoy drivers completely take over my usb bluetooth device.

I saw that when I first plugged in my PS3 controller to my pc with a usb cable, before I installed any drivers, that it shows up in Devices and Printers.
Can Xpadder see and use my PS3 controller through usb or bluetooth without Motioninjoy or SCP drivers?

Ideally it would be great to be able to use a ps3 pad through cable and wireless with Xpadder without installing drivers on my bluetooth device that make it so it can't be used by anything else. Is that possible?
If not does anybody know how the drivers work that can explain why?

Just want to have a better understanding of how it all works, most web search results show you how to set everything up but do not explain what it is that you are actually doing.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Use PS3 controller in Xpadder wihtout Motioninjoy or SCP drivers?

Post by Primal Fear »

There is no standard driver for the DS3, so you need Motioninjoy or SCP DS3 to make it working. Both of them will make your Bluetooth adapter only working for Playstation controllers, because the DS3 doesn't exactly follow Bluetooth standards (I guess). But there is the option with both drivers to simply not install the bluetooth driver, so the controller only works wired. Though I would say that simply buying another Bluetooth dongle would be the more comfortable possibility.

Return to “Other questions”