Problems.

xaqnaut

Problems.

Post by xaqnaut »

Okay I am using v5.6 with a wired Xbox controller in Windows 7.

Every time I fire up Xpadder I have to get Xpadder to re-detect the buttons for my controller. The buttons still are programmed to the hot-keys but I still have to do the detection rigmarole every time. I hope not this time since I got the image in there perfect and everything this time. Hrmm now that I got controllers and profiles saved I should be okay.

A little explanation: I am trying to multi-table turbo sit & go tournaments on PokerStars using Holdem Manager (a heads up display that gives me stats on opponents/analysis program), Table Ninja (allows me to program my actions to hot-keys & automatically registers me for tourneys) and Xpadder to let me use a gamepad for it all.

The harsh issue: As soon as the Heads Up Display (the most essential part of Holdem Manager imo) almost all function is lost from Xpadder. I can still move the mouse cursor with the stick mapped to it sometimes but everything else doesn't work.

I have been having a fair amount of trouble setting up HEM thus far and have a pretty long support ticket with them. Currently I can't get it to work properly and I have brought up the issue with them.

Only one thing I can think to also mention at this point is that HEM is required to Run as Administrator, I don't know if that would affect Xpadder.

Thanks for any help.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: Problems.

Post by Jonathan »

If a game requires running as an admin then Xpadder must also be run as admin.

xaqnaut

Solutions! ;)

Post by xaqnaut »

That fixed it up perfect.

Thanks Jon for this great program.

rattler02

Re: Problems.- unable to close

Post by rattler02 »

Running Xpadder Version 2010.03.18 on Windows 7 64 bit and I don't know what happened but I am now not able to shut down/close Xpadder unless I use the task manager to "end task" ?

This is a real pain because if I forget to do it Windows 7 will not shut down due to Xpadder being still in use.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

I know if there are unsaved changes Xpadder will ask to save changes before closing and will stall Windows shutdown.

Note the yellow profile title box.

rattler02

Post by rattler02 »

Thanks for the tip but there are no unsaved changes made, I am leaving the same profile opened. It just will not close, it just drops back to the icon in my taskbar. to close it out I have to use task manager?

OK found the problem under the options Xpadder settings - window- "minimize main window when closing" got checked ? don't know how it got a check mark there but removing the check mark has fixed the issue.

THANKS for the help though.
Last edited by rattler02 on 06 May 2010, 04:12, edited 1 time in total.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

The default action of Xpadder is to minimized to the notification area/system tray when clicking the close box of the window title bar. To fully close Xpadder right click the notification area icon and choose "Close".

You can change the default behavior in Xpadders settings.

rattler02

Post by rattler02 »

THANKS I will have to remember that way also :? :oops: :lol:

Return to “Other questions”