xbox 360 controller XInput

apple10

xbox 360 controller XInput

Post by apple10 »

I have two wireless xbox 360 controllers and wireless receiver. Inside of xpadder in the controller properties, the first controller displays the XInput settings and second does not. I installed the Microsoft xbox 360 Accessories (including wireless controller drivers) first, xpadder second, and I also turn on the controller prior to starting xpadder. Can anyone help with the 360 controller missing XInput settings?

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: xbox 360 controller XInput

Post by SGTCableDog »

I have only one 360 controller (maybe Santa will bring me a second one :D ) so I can't test this- yet. Have you tried turning on the controllers in different order to see if XInput follows the controller or the slot giving by Xpadder.

Example- wait until the controller turn off. Close Xpadder by right clicking the Xpadder icon in the notification area/system tray and choose "Close". Restart Xpadder. Turn on controller two and check that XInput is working. Next turn on controller one and check XInput. Recheck XInput on controller two.

I'm not an XInput expert but this should make sure it isn't related to the controller but to Xpadder.

apple10

Post by apple10 »

Thank you. I did as you suggested and it didn't fix the problem, but it was helpful. I did find a configuration file when I went to delete the controller file. So the following steps I think is what fixed the problem:

1. If it is open, Exit the xpadder application
2. Close xpadder in the system tray (Information provided by a helpful responder, and a step I missed initially)
3. Open the folder where xpadder is installed
4. Delete the controller file (hope you remember the name you gave it)
5. Open the xpadder configuration (old .ini file configuration), scroll to bottom and remove the controller information back to the = (only three lines of information to the right of the = for me, also a step I missed initially)
6. Now, I turned on one controller at a time, but I don't see why you couldn't turn more than one on at a time
7. Open the xpadder application
8. Click on the controller tab (top left) twice to view controller details, Everything looked good for me and XInput was present, I proceeded to configure the controller
9. Close the xpadder application (I did not close it in the system tray this time)
10. Turn on the other controller or skip the step if you turned them all on at the same time
11. For the rest of the controllers, Repeat steps 7 and 8

Both controllers are configured now and awaiting profile creation

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

I'm glad you were able to fix it. Its strang that deleting the controller layout file fixed it, it should have been shared between the two like controllers. You wouldn't still have the old controller file to post so Jonathan can see if there is a small bug somewhere?

apple10

Post by apple10 »

I will remember that next time.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Good fix none the less.

quantum_jak

Re: xbox 360 controller XInput ------- On topic question for developer

Post by quantum_jak »

I was wondering if you had heard of a program made for torchlight II called xinput mapper

http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/vbdown ... fileid=312

The reason I bring this application up is because it contains a mechanism for halting cursor movement at a certain radius so that movement input can be mapped to the left stick without the cursor running to the edge of the screen. It has a default radius and also a function that allows the user to remap the maximum cursor radius to any length desired. Is there any such feature for xpadder, and if not, would it be possible to add?

Return to “Other questions”