Xpadder has oversensitive controller input detection all of a sudden

dtmakinde

Xpadder has oversensitive controller input detection all of a sudden

Post by dtmakinde »

Hi all,

I've been using xpadder for a while with no issues but for some reason now, recently it looks like the input detection has become oversensitive. If I touch the analogue sticks even slightly, the input is registered which means that my games have become very hard to play with the controller. It has even reached the point where I can't always close xpadder because of the analogue stick being tilted in a slight direction which in my current profile is the equivalent of having the right arrow key and right click pressed down meaning whenever a context menu is open, windows keeps scrolling through all the available options. Is this a problem with the controller or a bug with the software that can be fixed by tweaking some settings?

Thanks

geezanansa

Re: Xpadder has oversensitive controller input detection all of a sudden

Post by geezanansa »

The only time i have experienced what you describe is when using xpadder with a loaded profile for an application that does natively support controller. For example when having a desktop profile for windows/steam client in windowed mode then swithching to steam bpm can cause what appears to be random input in steam bpm. Also running any game with partial or poor controller support set to use controller along with xpadder running with a loaded profile can cause what appears to be random input.
Some possible solutions are either of:
  • Make sure game/application is set to use keyboard and run xpadder with a suitable profile.
  • Make sure xpadder is running without any profile loaded with game/application set to use controller.
  • Make sure xpadder is not running at all by closing/removing it from system tray.
It must be said though i have noticed arrows keys not behaving very well when the arrow group is assigned to joystick. Which is what is described
dtmakinde wrote:...having the right arrow key and right click pressed down meaning whenever a context menu is open, windows keeps scrolling through all the available options.
Have not yet worked out how to resolve this even after making sure all of the above have been applied when trying xpadder configured for different situations/applications. Pretty sure reconfiguring settings for arrow group can resolve this. xpadder did used to work very well with a stock assignment and am not sure what has changed either with windows or xpadder. More and more applications are providing sdl support and may be relative to this issue IDNK.
N.B.Simply use the settings for the joystick that has been assigned to arrow key group to four way and set a large deadzone gives a much more predictable outcome when selecting options from drop down menus. :)

Return to “Other questions”