Using left stick to walk (partial tilt) then to run (full tilt)????

justindouglas1231

Using left stick to walk (partial tilt) then to run (full tilt)????

Post by justindouglas1231 »

I' m ignorant here, so bear with me please.
A lot of computer RPG games have a character walking/running by the press of a key, and console games (xbox, etc.) just use the stick to walk then run.
Now then, I noticed on the Xpadder set up for the sticks; a deadzone, a translucent inner ring, and the outter, thicker, main ring. I noticed the ability to adjust the deadzone, and the "pie" slice sizes, yet nothing to access a function (walking) to that inner, translucent inner ring. Currently, I'm using a button on the controller, a toggle, or the key board, yet I would really like the smoothness of using the stick (like the consoles) for both motions.
So, if there is a way to make the conversion, please let me know, and I apologize ahead of time if this has been addressed, and I missed it in the reading. Thank You for your time!

Mobeeuz
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Using left stick to walk (partial tilt) then to run (full tilt)????

Post by Mobeeuz »

Distance zones will do the trick for you. You need to click the direction in question, then click advanced. At that point you assign the shifted state, so press shift, let go, press the direction key (say W for forward) next you use the Distance Zone. Select 50% or whatever % you would like to use (at the bottom where it says Distance, use the + and - buttons to change) to separate the walk and run. The % is the amount you have to move the stick before the shifted state is used. Next click the Add Distance Zone button (pink), you should see a pink 50% or whatever % you chose appear. Now press the same key you used earlier (W in my suggestion) and press OK. You will have to do this for all 4 directions. This needs analog sticks to work obviously, buttons only have an on/off.

I save a profile with nothing but this run/walk state saved and load it as a template when I make a new profile that needs it.

Return to “Other questions”