Setting triggers as to act as buttons

jarrod757

Setting triggers as to act as buttons

Post by jarrod757 »

is there a way that I can set my triggers to act as buttons rather than triggers. im working on a profile for life is feudal but I cant use certain weapons with the triggers, example. the sling shot does not shoot when I press on the trigger, but when I bind the key to shoot on another button on the controller it works. I hope someone can find a solution to my problem soon. I thank you In advance for any support you can give me and hope to hear from you soon. :D

Sfon

Re: Setting triggers as to act as buttons

Post by Sfon »

I've run into this, games that don't properly support triggers.

In xpadder set the triggers on your gamepad to keyboard buttons. For example you might set the left trigger to [ and the right to ].
Next in the game's configuration set it to use those keyboard buttons. So instead of setting it to use the left trigger it'll use [.
If the game requires that only the gamepad or keyboard can be used and not both (some games do this), then set it to keyboard and do the same for all other buttons that you did with the triggers. Disabling gamepad support entirely in a game and setting up the keyboard inputs in xpadder can get around badly designed gamepad support in many games.
If neither of those are possible with your game then I don't know what else could be done in xpadder to get around it.

To set the trigger to use a normal gamepad button would require changing the drivers for your gamepad. Xpadder cannot actually change how your gamepad works as far as I know. Configurable drivers are rare and it is unlikely the default ones for your gamepad allow this. There might be one out there for your gamepad, but even if so installing it and getting it to work might be difficult. I've always had problems getting 3rd party drivers to work and trying to install them can mess things up.

Return to “Other questions”