Xpadder causing horrible framerate problems

ltnew007

Xpadder causing horrible framerate problems

Post by ltnew007 »

I've been playing Guild Wars 2 using xpadder and after about 30 minutes of playing, the game starts to lag and have really bad framerate problems. At first I thought it was the cpu or gpu overheating. I even installed extra fans in the case. But no matter what I did, including defragging and running spyware catchers, the problem would not go away. Until, I tried the game without Xpadder. It works perfectly without it.

Here is more detailed description of the problem; When the options menu is open there is a framecounter, with xpadder on, I can walk around using the keyboard or even keyboard mapped buttons on the gamepad and the framerate is solid. But when I move the mouse, either the real hardware mouse or the mouse mapped analog stick on the gamepad, the game completely freezes for the duration of the movement, 0fps. When I stop moving the mouse, it's back to normal.

So, one thing I noticed is that when xpadder starts up, it's priority in task manager is set to real-time. I've never seen a program defaulted there. When I change the priority, the problem lessens, and when I change priority to low, there is hardly a problem at all. Maybe 2 or 3 frame difference. But why should there be an affect at all, and why is it set to real-time in the first place?

Return to “Other questions”