Playstation 3 controller problems.

jayh311

Playstation 3 controller problems.

Post by jayh311 »

I have no idea what the hell im doing. First off i cant get my PS3 Sixaxis controller to even stay on, its plugged in with my USB? And the menu i can get to work i dont know what im doing. Somebody heelllllppp meeeeee!!!!

jayh311

I seriously need help, cant get PS3 controller to work.

Post by jayh311 »

Can someone tell me how to get my PS3 controller to work? I thought Xpadder was simple and easy, i have no idea how to get it to work. I went through the steps, do i need to download something else along with xpadder?
Last edited by SGTCableDog on 30 Dec 2009, 13:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved from User Reviews forum.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Playstation 3 controller problems.

Post by SGTCableDog »

Do you have drivers installed for the controller? Sony does not make Windows drivers for this controller. You'll have to find a third party solution.

jayh311

Post by jayh311 »

I downloaded "Motioninjoy" but it made my pc look old school... i'll tell you right now i dont know jack about computers... this has been 2 long, stressfull days.

:cry:

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

To be brutally honest with you, if you "don't know jack about computers" then the ps3 controller is probibly not your best choice. I gave up on it a while ago because of all the different drivers available, none where quite ready for prime time. I browsed a little on the driver you are using and it looks promising, but may still need some work, it works for some and not others. The problem with the third party drivers is I don't think the specs are officially available so any information is from "reverse engineering" the controller. I think if you want wireless via bluetooth you need a proprietary bluetooth stack that may brake your other bluetooth devices connections.

Anyways, another option you may wish to research is BTSix, a driver I used in the pass. It had basics, analog sticks and triggers and digital buttons but no sixaxis motion. I'm afraid I may not be able to provide technical help beyond this.

spen25

Post by spen25 »

Have to say I tried my PS3 controller also and was ultimately dismayed. Third party hacked drivers just can't cut it. MotionInJoy just wasn't enough for what I needed. Lately I've been looking at finding the best gamepad for my needs and it seems like my wired Xbox360 controller just can't be beat. I don't particularly love the form factor, but nothing can touch it for compatibility.

jayh311

Post by jayh311 »

Yea this was a huge freaking mistake. A waste of $10(for me cuz im a dumb ass when it comes to computers) Is there any way to get a refund? Im not kidding.

And i was wondering which PC Controllers (Made for PC) will work on Aliens vs Predator 2?

spen25

Post by spen25 »

Well, gotta say the program is worth the 10 bucks and then some. Looking over the specs of the game AVP2 has keyboard/joystick support so just about any modern PC gamepad should support it. I would recommend the wired Xbox360 controller for the most compatibility. Once you do decide what PC gamepad to get and start configuring AVP2 for play, you will say that was the best 10 bucks I spent. It really does open up options you would not have thought about. Now did you really think that M$ would make it easy for PS3 users?

jayh311

Post by jayh311 »

I only have wireless xbox controllers, is there some sort of usb cable i could get that would plug right into my laptop? I think once i can get that figured out, xpadder might actually come in handy...

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Terra Branford »

Sadly, to use an Xbox 360 Wireless controller, you must also have the Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows to read the wireless signal from the controller. Many people have found the receiver for 19.99$USD online (I ended up buying the "combo pack" bundle with the controller, driver CD and receiver all for 59.99$USD, as my area doesn't have the receiver on it's own).

And preemptively, I will state (as I found out myself my first attempt) that the "Plug and Play Charger cord" does NOT allow you to use your wireless controller as a wired controller. It will show that there is a controller present, but does not relay a signal to the system. It will install software for the controller, but only to allow you to check battery charge status with the Guide Button on your controller. It will not let you use the controller.

And I'm sorry to hear about your PS3 controller woes... I myself went with a PS2 Katana (Wireless) controller, as I knew that there were no plans for any controller drivers for the PS3 on the PC. Figured that I wouldn't want third-party tools and software on my system that I spent good money and a LOT of time and effort building.

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

one thing i have to say is why bother with sixax if your going to be tethered to your computer

jjetsky

Post by jjetsky »

I don't like revining an old thread like this. But I've given up on the PSP 3 controller too. I have been using the wireless XBox controller for quite a while now for a number of games and it works really well.

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

i had remembered reading about a way to get another compatible BT stack running on a widcomm chipset adapter infortunatly i cant seem to find that info again but maybe someone else knows

Return to “Other questions”