I changed my email, how do I download the latest copy now?

adrianw7402

I changed my email, how do I download the latest copy now?

Post by adrianw7402 »

I purchased xpadder around 5 years ago, and just started using it again (still love it).
I would like to download the latest version, but it seems there is no way to activate it without the old email.

I tried to submit a private comment with my old email and password for verification, but the character limit on the form doesn't allow enough space to explain anything and still include my user info.
Obviously I don't want to post this in an open forum. How can I get an activated download link?

adrianw7402

Re: I changed my email, how do I download the latest copy now?

Post by adrianw7402 »

Can I just log in to the Forum and change my email address on the profile page?
Or will that lock me out forever, since it will no longer match the email I purchased with?
If I understand correctly, the system only sends activated links to the original email now.
Like someone said previously, we used to be able to log in to the Forum and get an activated download link.

Oke_Doke
Xpadder Xpert

Re: I changed my email, how do I download the latest copy now?

Post by Oke_Doke »

Changing your forum email Does not seem to work for download.

I Tested that theory, and changed my forum email to an alias and was not able to get an activated email sent to the new address. (a download help link as usual but the email was not activated) So it looks like the email registered to your forum profile is NOT connected to your purchase.

Very strange, Johnathan. If your attempting to discourage piracy, placing these kinds of inconveniences on your customers is counter productive to that goal.

Return to “Other questions”