Feature Request: Automatically Swap Selected Controller Based on Input/Command Line Argument Select

terryxmasters

Feature Request: Automatically Swap Selected Controller Based on Input/Command Line Argument Select

Post by terryxmasters »

If I want to play a game using my NES controller, I select the NES controller in Xpadder, minimize it, Xpadder autoselects the appropriate profile and the buttons works fine. However, if I want to play that same game using my 360 controller instead, the button configuration is completely screwed up, because even though xpadder is minimized, the NES controller is still selected - the only way to get around this is to open Xpadder every time and manually select the 360 controller.

Can we add a way to have it automatically select whichever controller is sending input data? I imagine analog sticks might pose a problem depending on how fine the raw motion data is, but at the very least, giving us the option to create a batch file that says “use THIS SPECIFIC CONTROLLER” is a necessity for people who swap between platforms.

Mobeeuz
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Feature Request: Automatically Swap Selected Controller Based on Input/Command Line Argument Sel

Post by Mobeeuz »

Unplug one, the other becomes the active controller.

terryxmasters

Re: Feature Request: Automatically Swap Selected Controller Based on Input/Command Line Argument Sel

Post by terryxmasters »

Oh snap, thanks fam I hadn’t thought of that, I just felt like wasting my time with a well written post explaining this was a problem because I was in a position to unplug the other devices. Great job man you’ve thought of everything

Let’s add some functionality, thanks.

Mobeeuz
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Mobeeuz »

terryxmasters wrote:Oh snap, thanks fam I hadn’t thought of that, I just felt like wasting my time with a well written post explaining this was a problem because I was in a position to unplug the other devices. Great job man you’ve thought of everything

Let’s add some functionality, thanks.
It was meant as a workaround and your poor attitude will only guarantee that any future "well written post" you make will truly be a waste of time. Had you bothered to do any research, you would know that Xpadder has had zero development over the last year plus - there are NO new features being added, nor were any promised.

You and your ego enjoy each other in silence...

Return to “Other questions”