Setting controls

ianmcgowan

Setting controls

Post by ianmcgowan »

Hi downloaded xpadder to replace pinnacle so much better but i don't seem to be able to set my B button to do 2 commands for mw2 and cod4 i want it to do goto crouch and goto prone any help would be appreciated.oh i'm a bit of a tech noob so plain english would be great :mrgreen:

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Setting controls

Post by mnl1121 »

Ok to basically do this alls you need to do is use hold zones. Click on the button that you want to use as your crouch/prone button (most likely B as thats what it is in the 360 version). Ok now you will see the virtual keyboard screen. On the bottom right click on Advanced. From there you will see the Advanced Assignment screen. The Virtual Keyboard is still showing so click on the keyboard key you want to use as your crouch. You will notice the key will show up in the advanced assignments window. From there click on "add hold zone." Increase the hold zone time to something like .50 or .60 seconds (use what sets your tastes but the default .10 is much to fast and you will find yourself probably hitting the button to crouch and you will end up going prone) by clicking on the green hold zone assignment to highlight it and then increase the time with the time buttons at the bottom. Now you have to add the prone button. Click on the blank box at the top of the advanced assignments window and then go to the virtual keyboard to add your key that you use to go prone.

If you do it correctly you will be able to crouch by tapping a button and the be able to prone by holding that button. If you have any questions or if anyhting is unclear please reply back.

ianmcgowan

Post by ianmcgowan »

Many thanx sorted now works a treat

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

I created a profile for COD4 that uses tap and hold for the crouch and prone and also for use and reload. I found that depending on where key strokes are placed in relation to the hold and release time slot will determine if the key repeats or not. My profile also uses sets to allow precise mouse movement while aiming down the sites. You don't have to use my profile but may want to use it as an example.

Return to “Other questions”