on-screen keyboard in win7

5003fd56

on-screen keyboard in win7

Post by 5003fd56 »

I am using xpadder5.6 from last few months and its been almost very seamless. The major problem I have run into is when I try to close the on-screen keyboard (sometimes bring up the keyboard to type in a URL in the browser) When I try to close/minimize, all operations from the controller cease to work . I can fix it up only when I go to my PC, close the on-board keyboard using mouse.

This has been a major hazzle and kills the overall experience. Any help?

Chau

My pc:
x64 win7 (all latest microsoft updates installed)
dell xps m1530
controller: xbox 360 wireless

vgarcia

Re: on-screen keyboard in win7

Post by vgarcia »

i have the same problem

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

You must be using the On-screen keyboard from Vista or Win7 Ease of Access Center. Interesting, this window is always on top of any other window but does not take focus while you click on the virtual keys, that way the window in focus accepts the key presses. Once you try to close the window it takes focus, but, since it runs with elevated privileges, Xpadder no longer has access to due to UAC policy. You can run Xpadder as administrator to have equal privileges. Right click the Xpadder icon in the notification area/system tray and choose "Close". Next, right click the xpadder.exe in Explorer and choose "Run as administrator...", click through the dialogs, and no more problems.

It's a shame, one of the biggest gripe of Vista has been UAC. A reason Microsoft implimented it was because user usually log in to a administor type account opening the system to possible badness. So Vista runs programs with least user account privilege by default, protecting the unknowledgable user. Not a problem until a program elevates its credentials (silently in this case). Shame for not programming its accessiblity apps for least-privilege user. [/rant]

5003fd56

Post by 5003fd56 »

Thx very much, with running as admin, I no more have this issue

Return to “Other questions”