cant get my profiles to save

alanhall

cant get my profiles to save

Post by alanhall »

Hi everyone,
Just started using xpadder and its great. Only problem is i cant seem to save my cortrol profiles. They work fine when I create them and say they are saved but when I close the software or switch off my computer then they are not available the next time i want them and I have to set one up all over again. Im pretty sure its just me being a tool but any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Alan

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: cant get my profiles to save

Post by SGTCableDog »

Did you install Xpadder in the program files folder? If so, Vista and Win7 prevents programs from writing to this folder. So the xpadder.ini (which tells Xpadder where to find the profiles) and any profiles saved to the Xpadder folder is actually saved in the users virtual store. The work around is to run Xpadder from a non-protected folder, I have a Xpadder folder in the Downloads folder.

alanhall

Post by alanhall »

Hi Cabledog,
I already have xpadder in the downloads folder. Im not getting any error messages or anything. Just says "no recent profiles" when I start the software and try to browse for a profile, which I shouldnt even need to do as its set to auto open last used profile. Like I said m 90% sure its just me being retarded but I cant work out what m doing wrong.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

OK, if you downloaded a zipped version of Xpadder you did unzip it and not trying to run it from its compressed (zipped) folder?

After saving the profile does it show up in the recent list, if you click the profile name box a menu which lists previous used profiles will show and an All... option on the bottom. If you click the All... option the open dialog window will open, does your profile show there? If you click in the path box at the top it will show the path to the folder that Xpadder is using for profiles. In your case it should be something like "C:\Users\user_name\Downloads\Xpadder\..."

Try closing Xpadder by right clicking the Xpadder icon in the notification area/system tray and choose "Close". Xpadder should create a configuration file, xpadder.ini, in the same folder as the xpadder.exe application file. Do you see that file in Explorer?

alanhall

Post by alanhall »

Cheers mate. Not sure what I was doing wrong but I just started again from scratch and did as you said and now its working fine! Now I can hammer Oblivion without my avatar crouching everytime I attack like my last profiler used to do!! :D

Thanks alot

Return to “Other questions”