Call of duty 4

tsoukkast

Call of duty 4

Post by tsoukkast »

Reason for buying Xpadder was to be able to play "call of duty 4"(PC version) using Game's (store) own make of control pad - they were out of xbox gamepads.
Any tips on how best to do this? Anything else I need to download for call of duty 4?
Thanks Tony

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Call of duty 4

Post by mnl1121 »

I think your best bet would be to go through the tutorials

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

And check out my COD4 profile. Should work with your pad.

tsoukkast

Post by tsoukkast »

Thanks - but I've already tried to create a controller layout and I have created something !
So how do I use the profiles that you've referred me to in your reply for cod4?
Sorry I am a real novice at all of this stuff.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

You'll find the profile in a code box. It seperates it from the rest of the post. There is a select all link that will, well, select all of the text in the code box. Then right click inside the code box with all the text selected and choose copy. Then go to Xpadder and click on the profile menu icon, it is between the controller and profile name boxes top center of the main Xpadder window. Choose paste from the menu and enjoy. :D Make sure to save it otherwise Xpadder will ask you to save when you load a different profile or close Xpadder.

tsoukkast

Post by tsoukkast »

Thanks very much for the advice - have done that.
So when i load Cod 4 do I have to do something to Xpadder to make the controller work with the game, or will it automatically do it when the game starts? Thanks again

Terra Branford
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Terra Branford »

You'll need to elevate Xpadder to run with Administrator Privilages. Just right-click Xpadder (while it's NOT running), choose properties, go to "Compatability" and under "Privilage Level" click "Run this program as an administrator". That'll be all you SHOULD need to do. COD4 works with Xpadder V5.4 up to V5.7 without issue.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

And make sure your COD4 profile is loaded. :D

tsoukkast

Post by tsoukkast »

Thanks. I get into properties - then compatability - but there isn't a "priveledge level". there sre "compatability mode", "display settings" & "input settings".
Any ideas?

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

The "Run as administrator" is at the bottom of the compatibility tab.

tsoukkast

Post by tsoukkast »

Thanks again, but can't see Run as Administrator at the bottom of the compatibiliy tab

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Lets get more basic. Which version of Windows are you using? My guess its XP.

tt

Post by tt »

[quote="mnl1121"]The "Run as administrator" is at the bottom of the compatibility tab.[/quote]
Thanks - but there doesn't seem to be Run as Administrator at the bottom of Compatability tab

tsoukkas

Post by tsoukkas »

Yes, Windows XP

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

OK, rereading this entire thread, you shouldn't need to run Xpadder as administrator since you are using XP, unless you are using XP Pro with a standard user account. Probibly not because it takes extra effort. Just running Xpadder with the profile loaded and start your game and get your butt in the fight. :D

tsoukkas

Post by tsoukkas »

Thanks

avl1983

Post by avl1983 »

Hi, just out of interest do you have a profile set up for a PS3 style controller as well or not? I've just purchased a PS3 type controller and Xpadder and i'm trying to work out which buttons are which, just wondered if you already had a profile made up by chance? if not could you help me with associating the Analogue stcks on a PS3 style controller? the axis parts are reallly confusing me and i just wanna set it up as a normal PS3 controller for cod mw2. Thanks if possible in advance.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

A profile for a 360 controller should work with a PS type controller as they have the same number of sticks and buttons and such. Make sure you have created a layout for your controller first. This lets Xpadder know which control is which.

Return to “Other questions”