logitech gamepad has 12 buttons, but game has more?

gaggymitchell

logitech gamepad has 12 buttons, but game has more?

Post by gaggymitchell »

Logitech gamepad has 12 buttons, but game has more?. how do i assighn more keystrokes when i have no more available buttons on my gamepad (G-UF13A)?

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Re: logitech gamepad has 12 buttons, but game has more?

Post by mnl1121 »

You would want to use Sets. Right click whatever button you would like to be your "shift" button and go to Set Selector. From there go to Selects Set 2 > Then to what you want (1 way, 2 way, or while held). Then once that is in place. Click on the number 2 and assign what you want to set 2. Experiment to see what you like best.

gaggymitchell

Post by gaggymitchell »

mnl1121 wrote:You would want to use Sets. Right click whatever button you would like to be your "shift" button and go to Set Selector. From there go to Selects Set 2 > Then to what you want (1 way, 2 way, or while held). Then once that is in place. Click on the number 2 and assign what you want to set 2. Experiment to see what you like best.
=============================================================================================================
Thanks a lot now i will be able to map all keystrokes for Crysis.How many sets can i have,again i have a 12 button gamepad.
I am up to 24 keys thus far with prevous info.or do i just reap for numberous keys.
Thanks again.
By the way is this info posted own the forum somewhere
Thanks again.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

Currently you can have 8 sets and yes this info is somewhere on the forum. Not sure where, but its around.

gaggymitchell

Post by gaggymitchell »

mnl1121 wrote:Currently you can have 8 sets and yes this info is somewhere on the forum. Not sure where, but its around.
===================================================================================================================================================================================
2 sets per buttom or can i have all 8 sets assigned to 1 button??? Please explain
Thanks in advance Bill

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

A set consists of all the keypress and mouse movement assignments available to the buttons and sticks of your controller. You can eight sets or groups of assignments. You can also assign a button to select a set either one way, two way (think toggle), and selected while held. To easily make a set selection assignment, right click the button to be set selection and choose Selects set>Set #>{One way;Two Way;While held}

gaggymitchell

Post by gaggymitchell »

SGTCableDog wrote:A set consists of all the keypress and mouse movement assignments available to the buttons and sticks of your controller. You can eight sets or groups of assignments. You can also assign a button to select a set either one way, two way (think toggle), and selected while held. To easily make a set selection assignment, right click the button to be set selection and choose Selects set>Set #>{One way;Two Way;While held}
=============================================================================================================
Ok i think i have it now for example i use left tricker buttton to switch between set 1 and set 2 they are both set to 2 way
it works great.
But is this the most fastest way of doing it.
Wouldnt it be better if (each) button could have 2 assignment such as example push button 1 = jump hold button 1 crounch.
If this is possible please explain how to go about setting this up.
Thanks for your patience with me
Bill

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Yes, tap and hold assignments are possible. This is an advanced assignment, click the button you want to make the assignment to open the Assignment window. There is a button labeled "Advanced..." in the lower right corner, click it to open the Advanced assignment window. Using your example, [J] for jump, [C] for crouch, the assignment will look like this- [Hold .5s][J][Release .01s][C][Release .5s]
The result is if you press the button for less than half a second then [J] keypress is sent. Once the button has been for half a second then the {C] keypress is sent with no furhter delay. This method doesn't wait for the release of the button after half a second. This is the method I used to make my COD4 profile, the keypresses don't repeat, just a one shot keypress.

gaggymitchell

Post by gaggymitchell »

SGTCableDog wrote:Yes, tap and hold assignments are possible. This is an advanced assignment, click the button you want to make the assignment to open the Assignment window. There is a button labeled "Advanced..." in the lower right corner, click it to open the Advanced assignment window. Using your example, [J] for jump, [C] for crouch, the assignment will look like this- [Hold .5s][J][Release .01s][C][Release .5s]
The result is if you press the button for less than half a second then [J] keypress is sent. Once the button has been for half a second then the {C] keypress is sent with no furhter delay. This method doesn't wait for the release of the button after half a second. This is the method I used to make my COD4 profile, the keypresses don't repeat, just a one shot keypress.
==============================================================================================================================
One last question i have a Mode Button on my game pad what is the purpose of it.
i can not get the set up to reconize it during set up????

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

The mode button is probably exactly like the Guide button on the xbox 360 controller. Its a button that cannot be used as its reserved by your controllers drivers.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

I think the Logitech pads mode button might toggle between analog and digital modes for the sticks.

Return to “Other questions”