Belkin Nostromo n52 error

spen25

Belkin Nostromo n52 error

Post by spen25 »

Xpadder seems to only recognize button presses if the n52s control panel box is open. Running win7 32 with admin mode and latest Belkin drivers.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Belkin Nostromo n52 error

Post by SGTCableDog »

The n52 is a lttle different from your standard controller. Its driver doesn't make the buttons DirectInput by default. So to work with Xpadder you must use its software to bind the buttons to DirectInut output. I haven't tried it with Win7 so don't know if there are any gotchas with it. So does it not work while the Nostromo software is minimized in the tray?

spen25

Post by spen25 »

That was it, had to change every key to a DI Button, DI Button 1, 2 etc etc with a custom profile loaded in the taskbar. So the lack of Direct Input Support is why I can't get xpadder to work Freelancer?

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Xpadder takes DirectInput data from Windows and sends key presses and mouse movements back to Windows and onto your game or program. Xpadder should work with most games that accepts keyboard and mouse input. Nine out of ten times that a game does not accept Xpadder input is because the game runs with elevated user creditentials (administrator) and the work around is to run Xpadder as administrator. The rest of the time the game uses an anti-cheat system, i.e. GameGuard, that blockes Xpadder process or uses a none standard methode to read keypresses (recent versions of MAME).

Freelancer uses keyboard and mouse so running Xpadder as administrator should work.

spen25

Post by spen25 »

Problem was Freelancer was set to run in administrator mode also. Unchecked admin mode and now xpadder works.

Return to “Other questions”