Hold a button down for a duration.

eyefeeder

Hold a button down for a duration.

Post by eyefeeder »

Im playing Neverwinter Nights. And for some lame reason the tooltip key will light up all things of interest while held. But will only do it for 6 seconds or so. Then all the names disappear. This is a Neverwinter Nights flaw, not anything to do with Xpadder. So you need to depress the key once more. I want to use Xpadder to press and hold and repress the key for me. So I dont have to keep clicking it. I tried to use the pause feature of Xpadder. But the problem is it only TAPS the key, not holds it. I can make many taps. But that means the names just flash by and dont stay lit long enough to read. Or I can use "rapid fire". And flash the names, by many quick, button presses. But makes the game unstable to do this for any real period of time. Now here is the odd thing.If Iuse "toggle" It will depress the key and hold it, as it should. But once again, Neverwinter Nights stops showing the names after 6 seconds. So I tried to "toggle" with "pause" but for some reason it doesnt work. That is what im here to ask. Is why.
I have it set like this. "toggle" is on by the way. "R" key then "pause for 6 seconds" then the "R" key again then "pause" and so on. I did this so It would depress the "R" key about 6 times. Giving me a good amount of time to look around. Not the 6 seconds. But once I use "Toggle" with the "Pause" It no longer toggles. It just taps it. It says I can use them in conjunction. I think im doing something wrong. All other aspects of Xpadder work great. Please help.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Hold a button down for a duration.

Post by mnl1121 »

I'm pretty sure what you want to do isn't possible in Xpadder yet. Well I can't think of any advanced assignment that would do what you want anyway. Its definitely a good suggestion for future updates.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

If you running Xpadder beta of version 5.7 the you can du the following advanced assignment:
-[R] [cycle stop] [cycle stop] [cycle stop]
-Enable toggle
-Enable turbo with delay slider set to 2 seconds

Press and release the button and Xpadder will send [R] every six seconds. This will not work with version 5.6 or earlier.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

Ahhh I didn't think about using 5.7 for that. Sorry I only thought to use 5.6. Still wondering why it works in 5.7 but not 5.6

Return to “Other questions”