Joystick Style Dashing

Joystick Style Dashing

Post by Guest »

Hey, I'll try to make this as specific as I can. Ok, here goes.

So, Basically, I'm playing a game here where pressing the arrow keys allows your character to walk. Double tapping (Or just tapping as many times as possible) results in your character dashing.

On a keyboard this is isn't so difficult, but as you probably assumed, I'm using Xpadder, and on an "stick" double tapping can be difficult and simply uncomfortable.

What I wish to do is dash the way they do in many joystick games, where pressing the joystick just part way causes walking, and moving it all the way causes dashing. The Smash Bros Method, where moving the joystick slowly causes walking and moving it quickly causes dashing, would also work fairly well. Please note that given the sort of game, pressing a button while moving the joypad to dash is more inconvenient than it's worth.

So basically, is there a way to set up Xpadder so that its key assignment becomes toggled when the axis values reach a certain amount?

Thanks in advanced, Guest.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Joystick Style Dashing

Post by mnl1121 »

The newest version of Xpadder (version 5.7 currently in beta) adds distance zones. However it does not allow you to use Xpadders turbo mode with a certain distance. As in you can either have it completely or not. You cannot have it off for the first 50% your joystick is pushed and have it on the for 51-100% your stick is pushed.

This definitely is a good suggestion though. Head over to this thread http://xpadder.com/phpBB3.0.5/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=668 to obtain an elite membership then head over to the suggestion forum and suggest this feature.

Post by Guest »

Thank you, I will! I just sent the email now. Also, totally unrelated question, can you change the size of the buttons on the screen? Some of them are just too large for my taste.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

As in the buttons you would click on to assign a function too? Not at the moment no, sorry. Another one for the suggestion forum?

Post by Guest »

K, thanks man. That one's hardly an issue, to be honest. Umm, getting a membership is done by sending an email, yes?

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

Guest wrote:K, thanks man. That one's hardly an issue, to be honest. Umm, getting a membership is done by sending an email, yes?
yeah. Jonathon will email your login credentials back to you. Shouldn't take any longer than 24 hours. Has it been longer?

EDIT: PLEASE NOTE this response was before Xpadder's new auto membership service. It is no longer done by email. Please visit this topic for more details: http://xpadder.com/phpBB3.0.5/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=668

Return to “Other questions”