Original Xbox S Controller: Cant configure the triggers

Spidey2283

Original Xbox S Controller: Cant configure the triggers

Post by Spidey2283 »

I recently wired my old Xbox S Controller for use on my PC via a USB port and everything was working great until I downloaded xpadder 5.3(wanted to test it out before I spend 10 bucks on the latest version). I can map game buttons to the triggers in my emulators, but xpadder doesn't like them. I'm able to configure everything on the controller except the triggers.

When I hit "Enable" on the "Analog Triggers" pane of "Controller Settings" I get the pop up that says "Hold Left Trigger", but once I hit the trigger the pop up disappears and the check in the "Enable" box goes away. Without the ability to utilize the triggers I cant use the controller to navigate around windows like I want to(left and right mouse clicks).

Spidey2283

Re: Original Xbox S Controller: Cant configure the triggers

Post by Spidey2283 »

I figured out what I was doing wrong... The triggers are actually buttons. After realizing this I was able to successfully configure them exactly how I wanted to.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Original Xbox S Controller: Cant configure the triggers

Post by SGTCableDog »

Thanks for sharing your solution. Newer versions displays a message saying that it is not an analog trigger and to add as a button.

Return to “Other questions”