Timers and Automatically pressing buttons?

mydaren2

Timers and Automatically pressing buttons?

Post by mydaren2 »

Hi there, I truly love xpadder... its really awsome! I currently play a mmo that uses timers for abilities for buffs that have to be pressed, some are like 2 minutes durations for the buff it gives.

Is there a way to use xpadded to automatically press the button when the timer has run out?

Thank you :)

mrdead

Re: Timers and Automatically pressing buttons?

Post by mrdead »

I think what you want is autohotkey

http://www.autohotkey.com/

Don't quote me but I'm pretty sure xpadder can't handle automatic macros..

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

Actually yes Xpadder can do automatic macros. However it can't repeat as of now. So you can have say button X be pressed, then pause for 2 minutes, then press it again. You can repeat this quite a few times so you press it once and forget about it for the next 10 minutes or so. In the future automatic repeating of the sequence is on the list to do. Also if you buy Xpadder you can vote in the Feature X Vote that goes on whenever a new version comes out.

In fact as of about a week ago (today is feb. 5th, 2010) there is a Feature X Vote going on right now.

mydaren2

Post by mydaren2 »

Hmm, thank you! but would using turbo and toggle work?

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Yes, it is a bit of a work around. Set toggle and turbo, in the Advanced assignment window is a section to adjust the turbo speed.
Move the slider to have a delay of 2 seconds (the highest whole second delay). Then your advanced assignment will be [buff_key] and 60 [Cycle Stops] :shock: . This will press buffing key every two minutes. Not the prettiest but possible. Note that this will only work with version 5.7 currently in beta.

Return to “Other questions”