Xbox 360 Controller Question

Lightstryk

Xbox 360 Controller Question

Post by Lightstryk »

I have always used Xpadder to play COD with the 360 controller,however for some reason, now I have to press either trigger down ALL the way for it to register. It's not the controller because I tried it
with a new one wit the same issue. I also put the deadzone for the triggers on zero with Xpadder, but the problem stil persists. Any ideas??

Thanx,

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Xbox 360 Controller Question

Post by SGTCableDog »

Make sure that "Use XInput (if installed)" is checked in Xpadders Settings window. Click the wrench in the upper right corner. You'll find it under Options -> Running.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

Lightstryk wrote: I also put the deadzone for the triggers on zero with Xpadder, but the problem stil persists. Any ideas??
Have you reduced the default trigger deadzone in the main Xpadder settings (the values option after clicking the wrench in the top-right) or the profile trigger deadzone by clicking the wrench next to the right trigger in the controller image.

The default trigger deadzone is used for all new profiles when they are first created. Altering it does not change any trigger deadzones in any profiles. It is only used to set the initial value in case your controller triggers are playing up/badly designed and you want all new profiles to have the same trigger deadzone to start with.

The profile trigger deadzones are for the current profile only.

Post by Guest »

I can only find the main Xpadder trigger deadzones, I don't know where the one for the profiles are

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Below the right trigger button on the nain Xpadder window is a wrenh icon that will open the trigger properties. The trigger properties will show a graph of the raw data and a deadzone slider for each trigger.

Lightstryk

Post by Lightstryk »

Yea, on both(main settings, and profile settings) the deadzones are at 0
Note that this happened recently.Until now I didn't have this problem
I have to press the triggers ALL the way down for it to register to

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Have you checked the XIput settings?

Lightstryk

Post by Lightstryk »

How do I do that?

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Check the first reply in this topic on how to set the option. You can click the controller tab(mini version of your controller bitmap) and it will open Xpadders controller settings window. There will two sets of graphs on the right side if XInput is installed and enabled.

Lightstryk

Post by Lightstryk »

It is installed and enabled graphs look okay

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Lets check your controller settings. Click the name of your controller to open the Controller Settings window, then click on the Triggers group on the left hand side. Trigger left should be axis Z+ and trigger right should be axis Z-. You try redetecting by clicking the Detect button.

Lightstryk

Post by Lightstryk »

I did and it still happens =/

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

I think we should start over. In the folder with xpadder.exe is its settings file- xpadder.ini. Rename it to something like xpadderold.ini. The next time you start Xpadder it will show the first start up windows and recreate the xpadder.ini file. You can try setting up your controller again but just do the triggers section and make a simple test profile with just trigger assignments. Let us know how it goes.

Lightstryk

Post by Lightstryk »

Well for some reason now it works, maybe because I messed around with the sensitivities?
I don't know but thnx alot

saimoon786

Post by saimoon786 »

Hey i have the same problem with mine this is a pain can somone fix this?

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Am I going to have to repeat the whole thing? :shock:

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

saimoon786 wrote:Hey i have the same problem with mine this is a pain can somone fix this?
If you have the same problem, just read the thread and follow the steps. The other user fixed his problem so you can to.

Return to “Other questions”