Nothings working.

apache

Nothings working.

Post by apache »

It seems I have nothing but problems with this service and the game elements GGE909 retractable recoil pad. I cant save any configurations I make to the game pad in the profiles folder, nor does the xpadder software acknowledge any profiles or controllers in the xpadder settings. It is very fustrating also to keep typing and waiting for a reply when all you want to do is game. This service should have a way to talk to reps when they are on line through phone, even ventrilo to help get these matters resolved and to help others go through the process of fixing issues timely. I even have a ventrilo site for communicating to my friends, it is cheap and convenient to use. Why not give it a try. I have sent a few emails today but am confused and if I get them resolved at all, it may take a week and thats not acceptable. Lets get some satisfaction here. Aaron at apache.scalper@some_email_address, also xpadder reps I can give my ventrilo info through an email. All you need is a mic and headphones. Lets go!!!!!!!
Last edited by SGTCableDog on 13 Feb 2010, 09:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed email address.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Nothings working.

Post by SGTCableDog »

We're here to help. If you are using Vista or Win7 you can not run Xpadder from the Program Files folder. Xpadder saves a configuration file to its folder and Windows prevents programs from writing to the system folders. Move Xpadder to a user folder. A folder on the desktop will work.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

I received your emails and will paste the errors here:
Access violation at address 100035EA in module “ FDRdriver.dll”. Write of address 02C77000.
And when I open the test tab under the properties menu and click advance I get this error:

Dlg.exe
Windows cannot find “dlg.exe”. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.
Also under properties, the effects tab this error appears:

Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working. Windows will check for a solution and notify you if there is a fix
This sounds like a problem with the controller's driver - the software that came with your controller that allows Windows to access it.
Before using Xpadder we must make sure your controller is correctly installed.
Go to the Windows Control Panel by clicking on the Windows Start Button in the lower-left corner of the screen
Select Hardware and then Game Controllers
Your controller should be listed. Click the properties button and see what happens. Report back with the results and we will help further.

Xpadder is not a company and therefore cannot offer phone support but we will do our best to assist you with your problem via this forum. The Support Officers here are very successful when it comes to solving Xpadder issues.

apache

Post by apache »

Thx Jon I appreciate that, the game controller GGE909 recoild pad is there, I mean its listed when I plug the controller in and the properties are listed. Under the properties are settings and tests tabs, the controller reponds to the test and works fine. Also I have installed and reinstalled xpadder a couple of times and it is now in the folder that was used in your tutotial,
C:\Users\Aaron\Documents\my games\Xpadder 5.6. When I open the icon with the smiley face game pad xpadder I get this error:
Access violation at address 100035EA in module “ FDRdriver.dll”. Write of address 02C77000.

But of course I still get the grey window with the moving magnifyimg glass and the controller icon like in the tuorial in the left side of that window and the controller icon. On the right side I have the xpadder settings (wrench) and the question mark icon. Getting Started

This program simulates key presses and mouse actions using a gamepad. If you
have not connected a controller do so now.

You will see a blank screen and a white tab in the top left corner. There may also
be grey tabs if you have more than one controller connected.

To use your controller you must first create a layout. Click the controller button
(just below the white tab) and click "New" to open the Controller Settings window.
Use the Controller Settings window to create a new layout for your controller.
Detailed help is available in the Controller Settings window.
I tried to follow the instructions umder getting started but do not have the blank screen with the white tab in the top left corner? I know I have to create a layout but how? And yes I am using windows vista 64 bit.

Also when I shut down the xpadder icon in the the tray I get this error:

Xpadder.exe has stopped working.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

The question still remains is have you properly installed your controller? It sounds like you plugged the controller in and just went on your way. This would mean that your using Windows generic drivers. This is not properly installing your controller. Go to the manufacturers site and download and install the correct drivers. This should fix your problem.

apache

Post by apache »

I have installed the software that came with the controller otherwise I would have stated that, or stated earlier that I didnt have any. The software cd came with game elements GGE909 recoil game contrlloer version " setup0.2.exe" and adobe user manuel.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

Okay thats good that your not using Windows generic drivers, but are you using the most up-to-date drivers? One of my own rules is to never install software from the CDs they provide as they are usually out-of-date by the time I get them. I always go straight online and grab the latest software for whatever i'm using. It lessens the headaches in the long run.

EDIT: wait what kind of controller is this anyway? I looked up the name of it and i found some cheap thing (worth less than 8 bucks), with reviews from people generally all saying the same thing. About how bad it is and how it doesn't respond to commands and stuff. If this really is a driver issue, which we believe it is, i'd suggest in investing in a better controller that actually works.

apache

Post by apache »

You know what your right. I have given up on this padder to work. I am junking it and will no longer use it, it was a gift from my girlfriend so I made every attempt to use it. I just searched online for some reviews and pricing along with updated drivers and found out it is cheap and outdated i guess. Well do you have a suggestions on what game pad to buy for playing the game CALL OF DUTY MODERN WAREFARE 2? Something that is reasonable and can have little issues with? By the way thx for all your help and I am not bitter about the $10 I spent lol. Sorry for the inconvenience dealing with my issues, had I know about this contoller before I would have thrown it in the garbage. Thx. APACHE.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

I would definitely recommend a wired Xbox 360 controller. Its a solid controller with lots of support and will definitely work with little if at all issues. You can get the wireless one too, but you need the wireless receiver and its a bit more money. Not to mention i've heard about problems with the receiver. If you don't want a 360 controller i would recommend one of logitechs. They also make solid controllers.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Dang, I should have scrolled down before searching this. FDRdriver.dll is the controllers force feedback driver. From the posts I've read it doesn't work, only crashes.

Remember Apache, its the thought that counts. :)

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

The first error message you get is the moment Xpadder tries to communicate with your controller so it is definitely a driver problem.

I echo M's suggestions exactly. The Xbox 360 controller is excellent and very well supported. Logitech are a worthy alternative.

A tip for anyone buying any computer related hardware: always check for the official site, see if the product is listed there and how old its drivers are (and if they are available!) Cheaper controllers have no official site and are poorly supported, if at all. Same goes for everything from motherboards to monitors. It's always worth spending a little more to save the headaches - I have learnt this the hard way :roll:

Post by Guest »

[quote="mnl1121"]The question still remains is have you properly installed your controller? It sounds like you plugged the controller in and just went on your way. This would mean that your using Windows generic drivers. This is not properly installing your controller. Go to the manufacturers site and download and install the correct drivers. This should fix your problem.[/quote]

Controller works great. Just don't install the driver for it. They never updated the one that comes with the controller and that one is all buggy. Just let windows take care of it.

I have the same controller. No Driver installed for it. Have been playing "Hellgate London" and "Dungeon Fighter Online" just fine with it.

Using the free version. Just found out about the program this week. 5.3

Return to “Other questions”