Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2

kenny

Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2

Post by kenny »

I can't get the Go Prone and Crouch to work. They are on the B button on xbox controller. To Go Prone you have to hold the B button for a few seconds and press it again to stand up. To Crouch you have to press the B button once and press press again to stand up.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2

Post by mnl1121 »

You need to use hold zone assignments. When you click on a button to assign something to it you get this window:

You then need to click on Advanced to get this window:

Once you have that click on the keyboard key to crouch (in previous window) > then add hold zone (increase the time using the buttons at the bottom to your taste) > then add the keyboard key for prone.

This will allow you to tap the button to crouch and hold down the button for a moment to go prone.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Its the same concept as the reload/use for the X button. Specifically for crouch/prone the advanced assignment is [HOLD ZONE 0.50s],[Left Control],[RELEASE ZONE 0.01s],[C],[RELEASE ZONE 0.50s]

This will make tapping the button crouch, hold button for half a second he goes prone. This assignment prevents the prone from repeating if you keep the button help longer than the key tap time.

This is from my COD4 profile.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

oh sorry i explained it a little wrong. I didn't think you needed a release zone for it to work. could of sworn it worked that way too.

kenny

Post by kenny »

It won't crouch?

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

This assumes that [C] is crouch and [Left Control] is prone, these are the COD4 defaults, and you are using Xpadder version 5.6 or later. Does prone work? Have you tried mnl's method? I like his method for this senario because it will crouch then if you continue holding the button it goes prone. Make sure to use a hold time of .5 seconds so there is enough time to release the button before going prone.

kenny

Post by kenny »

Everythings working now. But when I aim with the sniper scope with right stick which is assigned to the mouse, its not smooth and is shaky?

TheDreadedNoob

Post by TheDreadedNoob »

I had the same issue. I also had the scope stuck either scoped in or it wouldn't scope at all. I found a post of how to scope in just like the 360, where it only scopes while you hold the trigger and auto drops when you let off. You have to go to advanced and use a pause and a release. Another thing that helped was under the mouse settings I changed it to cursor setting.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

You can use sets to reduce mouse emulation speed while you are looking down the sites. This involves more work. Recreate all the assignments in set 2. In the mouse settings for set 2 adjust the mouse emulation speed to something lower.
Then assign the left trigger to select set 2 while held.
Again I'll refer to my COD4 profile as an example. It should be mostly compatable with MW2.

Return to “Other questions”