was working now its not

TheDreadedNoob

was working now its not

Post by TheDreadedNoob »

I got xpadder and programmed my 360 controller for COD MW2 and played for two days. Now I try to play the game and the xbox 360 wired controller does nothing, my file I did all the programming in was blank, and so I remade it and it still doesn't do anything in the game. The controller works while in xpadder. What did I do wrong?

TheDreadedNoob

more problems

Post by TheDreadedNoob »

When I got done reprogramming the whole thing I saved it. It won't let me just save, I have to overwrite it with the save as option. When I close down the PC and start it again, and open xpadder (which is in a file right on my desktop, and I have Vista 32 bit) it says the file can't be opened and it is removing it from the list. Then I am back to a blank slate, but all the sticks and buttons are turned on in the purple screen, there is just no values assigned to them. Even after redoing this, the controller won't function outside of xpadder or the little test screen I can pull up from windows.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: was working now its not

Post by SGTCableDog »

You aren't running Xpadder from inside a compressed folder or zip file are you? There should be a xpadder.ini configuration file written to the same folder as the xpadder.exe application file. Try closing Xpadder by right clicking the icon in the notification area/system tray and choose close.

Next rename xpadder.ini to oldxpadder.ini. Now restart Xpadder and recreate your controller layout and profile, save both. Close and restart Xpadder, does the problem still exist?

TheDreadedNoob

Post by TheDreadedNoob »

It works now. we'll see if it's still there when I restart the pc. Hey, how do you set the mouse emulation speed to slow down while aiming down tne sight? If I slow down the mouse to aim with any precision, then trying to look back and forth is super slow.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

Change the emulation speed in this window. To get there click on the small wrench in the bottom left of the stick assignment.

TheDreadedNoob

Post by TheDreadedNoob »

Yes, I did that and got it where I like it, but I am trying to do something else. I saw where Jonathan had done this for COD4, where when you aim down the sight, there is a second speed value the mouse operates in. I know this is the screen to go to for adjusting that, but I need to know how to assign a special speed for only when I have my gun sights up and am taking aim. The goal is to look fast most of the time, and then look at a slower more manageable speed while trying to aim.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

It involves using sets. You recreate all the assignments in set 2 with mouse emulation speed reduced. Then assign the left trigger to select set 2 while held using the assignment menu.
Thats the easy part. The hard part is getting the game to bring up the sites with the selection of set 2. In COD4 the default action to aim down the sites is to press the right mouse button to toggle aiming. So in set 2 I made an advanced assignment of [Right mouse][Hold zone .01s][Release zone .01s][Right mouse]

What this does is when you squeeze the left trigger Xpadder goes to set 2 and send a right mouse click to the game. With the mouse emulation speed of set 2 reduced you can line up your target easier. When you release the trigger the hold zone and release zone times are in effect and another right mouse click is sent to bring the weapon down. The only issue with this method is if the weapon reloads then aiming is reversed, the sites are up when not squeezing the trigger and weapon down when squeezing. I found that if you tap the sprint command then the weapon will come back down.

If you could comfirm the original saving issue is resolved then we can move or split this topic to the correct sub-forum.

jasonrobertson63

Post by jasonrobertson63 »

I just downloaded xpadder, i set all the buttons etc but as soon as soon as i open the programme and use it, it works fine till i push one button then it shuts down and nothing works and i need to close it and reopen for it to just do the same thing all over again.
Is there something I am doing wrong? Is this a common problem?

Also I did a search for xpadder in my computer but nothing comes up. What does it usually download as.

Please help.

Thanks

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

When downloading make sure you save the program onto your desktop or some other easy to remember location. If you run the program directly from your web browser it will not save the settings correctly.

Return to “Other questions”