run a file?

ulao

run a file?

Post by ulao »

Can anyone think of a way to run a file or program? Like the media buttons, I just want a way to launch an emulator.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Re: run a file?

Post by mnl1121 »

I'm not an expert in doing this lol, the other support technicians are, but i know you can do it. It involves running a shortcut or command prompt. I'm not sure now. I just had it in my head and now i forgot :shock: Sorry. There are a few ways of doing it though. Like if your on Windows 7 you can use a sequence to hit the Windows Button and then type something into the search box. Thats the only one that comes to mind, but i know there are others.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

Xpadder doesn't include a feature to assign a button to ran a program yet, so make sure to register for forum membership and vote for FeatureX.

The simplest way to work around this limitation is to add a shortcut for the emulator in Windows Quick Launch bar. If you press the [Win] key and the order number that the shortcut appears in the Quick Launch bar. Example is if you just have only one shortcut then the keys would be [Win+1].

I haven't tried this in Win7 and I don't know if it includes the Quick Launch bar. Of course you probibly aren't using Win7 for an arcade cabinet.

vgarcia

Post by vgarcia »

i use a workaround for this.

1. make a shortcut to the program you want to start. (as example on the desktop)

2. right-click the shortcut and select "properties" (a new window appears)

4. enter a key combo in "Shortcut key" (as example: CTRL+ALT+1

5. now assign this key combo to a gamepad button in xpadder.

this works for me an windows 7 64bit. should work on xp, too.

ulao

Post by ulao »

nice!

Return to “Other questions”