Just purchased!

seanwronka

Just purchased!

Post by seanwronka »

SO i just purchased this software because I decided I want to get better with a 360 controller. Since the majority of people playing the top FPS games these days are on 360 or PS3 and I always seem to get owned by my friends when we play xbox due to inexperience. I understand how to work the software thanks to you tube videos. However, I was wondering if there are actual "profiles" that you can download that are identical to the default xbox 360 controls of certain games that simplify things.. Such as Modern Warfare (with the exact "look" thumb button sensitivity as would be on the 360). Also I can't seem to get the Xpadder to work as far as movement controls with the new Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Beta.. Which has me worried since the game is released in a week : /

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Just purchased!

Post by SGTCableDog »

We have a forum just for profiles.

Xpadder should work just fine with Bad Company 2. You may have to run Xpadder as administrator. First fully close Xpadder by right clicking the icon in the notification area/sytem tray and choose "Close".

As for mouse look you can change mouse emulation speed to best match the speed on the 360 but currently Xpadder lacks a feature to change the acceleration, but it is a common request. Getting a profile to be "identical" to a console might be impossible because you have to overcome the limitations given in the PC version of a game using a third party tool that the console game isn't effected by. Jonathan is continuously adding features to Xpadder to bridge the gap. :ugeek:

seanwronka

Post by seanwronka »

The Bad Company 2 Beta still wont work properly. The only two main things are the wsad doesnt work for the left thumb pad and also when you use the zoom the cursor pulls to the right and you start going in circles..

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

Be aware that Bad Company 2 Beta has some major bugs, so that could be what is going on. Though I really don't know if thats why its not working completely, just an FYI.

SGTCableDog
Xpadder Xpert

Post by SGTCableDog »

I'm downloading the beta but haven't received a code. Hopefully they will release a demo. It doesn't make sense why these issues happen.

mnl1121
Xpadder Xpert

Post by mnl1121 »

A big reason of why these issues go by without getting fixed, is actually piracy. Believe it or not, but piracy has made developers concentrate almost solely on the console versions. Since every game is developed on a PC they are just thrown on the PC platform without optimization. Problems occur because of this and they don't realize or care to fix them in a timely manner. Its a sad truth really. Big reason why the beta doesn't run well on even the best systems. In fact it runs better on the crappier ones.

Return to “Other questions”