Logitech cordless ps2 controller as gamepad

Koetje

Logitech cordless ps2 controller as gamepad

Post by Koetje »

Hi dudes!

I have a cordless ps2 controller from logitech.
I saw the picture of it in the images from xpadder.
http://www.consoleshop.nl/images/produc ... action.jpg
My question to you.
How can i use it?
Do i need a special converter or so? If yes, where can i buy it?

Greeettzzzzz

-Koetje-

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: Logitech cordless ps2 controller as gamepad

Post by Jonathan »

To connect a wired PS2 controller you would need an adapter because it is not a USB connection but for cordless PS2 pads I am unsure. Does the wireless receiver connect to the PS2 USB port?

Koetje

Post by Koetje »

No, the standerd ps2 controller port.

Do i need this thing?
http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-2-PC- ... B000F6BGXY
I live in belgium, so it would be nice if someone would request me a site where i can buy it.
Play.com hasn't got it, poorly...

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

If it connects to the regular PS2 controller port then I'm guessing this adapter you linked to would work (or any other similar ones).

However, I cannot be sure because I have never used a PS2 controller on the PC. I will leave it to someone else to confirm if it will work properly.

Atomic Magus

Post by Atomic Magus »

YES!
It will work!
I have used multiple PS1 and PS2 controllers on multiple pc's, and they work beautifully... (Well, they will if you have an awesome program like xpadder for button mapping...)

Here's even more good news: I have and use the exact adapter you listed/linked. This past summer I bought mine at "Deal Extreme":

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11707

The ones sold on amazon look fine too - I just wouldn't pay more than $6 for it. (They sell this exact adapter at Fry's Electronics for $20 + tax. Screw Fry's.)

Atomic Magus

Post by Atomic Magus »

I have also used a pelican wireless PS2 controller on my laptop, with the aforementioned adapter. The controller was the same kind of wireless one you described: the receiver plugs in to the controller port only, and not into a USB port. So far as I can tell, anything that plugs into a ps1 or ps2 controller port will work on a computer with this adapter. I tried and tested a couple PS1/2 joysticks and had success with each one. (I have more to test, so I'll update when I've confirmed that they all work.)

I also have a theory - which I've yet to test - that multitaps will work with this adapter... So you could conceivably use up to 8 ps1/2 devices at once! I'll let you know if and when I test that!!!

Return to “Other questions”