Xpadder is freezing in Win8 x64

greedyiguana

Xpadder is freezing in Win8 x64

Post by greedyiguana »

As the title states, I have Xpadder running, and if I have a profile up it works, however it keeps freezing randomly, but not total freezes. When I say frozen what happens is that I can't edit any keys (the keyboard prompt pops up but I can't click any keys, I have to click the X), I can't create a new profile (it doesn't respond) and I can't close the program normally (I have to use task manager).

This happens every time I try to edit a key or start a new profile. It starts up my saved profile fine, but I can't change anything or edit it.

This is a Windows 8 install that I migrated from a Win7 x64 install where everything worked perfectly.

Thank you!

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Xpadder is freezing in Win8 x64

Post by Primal Fear »

Do you use the newest version of Xpadder?
http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4185

lramos15

Post by lramos15 »

Same thing happens to me and I have the new version

Shaadjd

Post by Shaadjd »

Same thing is happening to me. I have the newest version of Xpadder and mines keeps freezing when I try to create a profile or just freezes randomly. If someone could assist me I would appreciate it.

link85

Post by link85 »

Having the same issues. Can't get XPadder to work. It always freezes. Do I have to request a refund or is there any solution for this problem?

ianfcarney

Post by ianfcarney »

I have the same problem. I don't want to wait weeks and weeks to get no answer like these poor guys. I want an answer or I want a refund.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

Please can you try running Xpadder with no controller attached and enable the Virtual Controller Debug options in the Settings window.
This will test the program without performing any external commands.
It may be that there is an issue with the drivers specific to Windows 8.

ianfcarney

Post by ianfcarney »

I enabled the virtual controller, and I can see it in the settings menu, but I can't see it in the main interface. Normally I'd be able to click in the upper left hand corner and set up a profile, but instead it just brings up the Windows "Game Controllers" dialogue box.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Did you connect the virtual controller after creating it? You need to select the virtual controller in the chart and to click the third button for that.

ianfcarney

Post by ianfcarney »

I restarted and tried again. This time it did detect the virtual controller. When I try to create a profile, it loads the layout menu but it has a white screen rather than a purple one (where the controller image would normally go), and it won't allow me to upload an image.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

I am testing with a clean offline installation of Windows 8.1 Pro x64 with a wired Xbox 360 controller and the latest version of Xpadder.
Everything seems to work as expected.
It would help to know which version of Windows 8 you are using (the original or the newer 8.1 update).
Also, which controller are you using and how did the drivers install (automatically or did you run a setup file downloaded from the official site)

ianfcarney

Post by ianfcarney »

I'm running windows 8.1
It's a Game Stop brand generic 360 controller. The drivers installed automatically.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

Are you able to reproduce the freezing on demand? The first post in this topic has some steps that may lead to a freeze.

ianfcarney

Post by ianfcarney »

Yes.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

Can you list the steps needed to cause a freeze.

ianfcarney

Post by ianfcarney »

I press "Start" a bunch of times. When the "Confirmation" dialogue box appears, I click "Program Location." I tell it to associate with Windows. In the upper left corner it says "click 'new' to create layout or 'open'" in yellow. I click on that. In the controller settings dialogue box, I see a white box. When I tell it to open a picture, nothing happens.

Sorry my responses have been sporadic. My job takes me away from my computer a lot. Thank you for trying to help.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

I tried these steps and things worked as they should do. For this test I was using the Debug Virtual Controller option.
For now please keep using the Virtual Controller only and keep the real controller disconnected.
With Xpadder completely closed (not in tray area) rightclick the Xpadder program icon, select Properties, select the Compatiblity tab and choose Run in Windows 8. Ok and then try running Xpadder again. If you still get the problem close Xpadder completely and try running in Windows 7 mode.

ianfcarney

Post by ianfcarney »

Still not working. :(

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

ianfcarney wrote:In the controller settings dialogue box, I see a white box. When I tell it to open a picture, nothing happens.
The Controller Settings window should look like this

Are you seeing a large white box instead of pink?

Return to “Xpadder not working in Windows”