Xpadder not detecting my controller

eugreyn

Xpadder not detecting my controller

Post by eugreyn »

Hello,

I've read through all of the pertinent posts I can find and as far as I can tell, everything is set up correctly on my computer and I should not be having any problems. I have an X-Box 360 controller for Windows, the driver is installed, it is listed as an HID compliant controller, as well as the other two under the hardware tab. The controller works in other programs, yet when I try to use an already made controller profile, or set up one of my own, Xpadder does not see the button presses nor the stick movements.

I don't know what else to do.

Thank you.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Xpadder not detecting my controller

Post by Primal Fear »

To correctly load a profile and to even be able to create a profile, you have to create your controller layout before. How did you do that, if Xpadder doesn't detect the controller input? Does it only work when the Controller Settings Window is open?

eugreyn

Post by eugreyn »

I can load a controller image, but when I try to create a controller layout it doesn't detect any input from my controller. It doesn't matter what I do in Xpadder, it will not detect any input from my controller, at any time. My controller works just fine outside of Xpadder. And just to reiterate, I have checked on the forums and as far as I can tell, everything should be fine for allowing me to use Xpadder, yet it doesn't work.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Open the controller menu (the one on the left side) and click on "Properties...". What does the Controller Properties window state under "Name", does it show on the right side both the DirectInput and Xinput area and do the green bars in both of them react on the controller input?

eugreyn

Post by eugreyn »

It has Virtual Hid Device as the name and it only has the DirectInput area, the area underneath that one is empty. The green bars don't react when I do things on the controller.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

As I expected this is not your Xbox360pad. This is a virtual controller created by some program for emulating controller input according to keyboard input, mouse input or other controller input. So basically the other way around compared to Xpadder.

You should see two or more tabs in the Xpadder main window like in the screenshot below, but without controller image. So all of them will look like the 4th one in my screenshot.
To select another simply click on the tab, it works exactly like in your web browser (if you use tabbed browsing). There may be two of the virtual controller (or even more), so check the controller properties again if you now have the right controller before starting to create the layout. It's name should be Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows, respectively Controller (XBOX 360 Wireless Receiver For Windows).

To hide the(se) Virtual Controller(s) click on the tool symbol in the upper right of Xpadder, select in the settings window "Controllers", select the entry for the(se) controller(s) in the list and click on "Hide". Close the settings window and the tab(s) should be red now. After restarting Xpadder or your PC, you will not see them/it anymore.

eugreyn

Post by eugreyn »

That fixed my issue. I hadn't thought of tabs.

Thank you very much.

Return to “Xpadder not working in Windows”