Xpadder overheating Computer with Xbox One Controller

shanegriffin

Xpadder overheating Computer with Xbox One Controller

Post by shanegriffin »

Hi,
When I try to use an Xbox One controller with Xpadder it doubles the heat temperatures on my Alienware 15r2 and causes games to freeze. This does not happen with an Xbox 360 controller. I am running Windows 10. Is there any solution to this?

Mobeeuz
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Xpadder overheating Computer with Xbox One Controller

Post by Mobeeuz »

When you see this happening, what is the cpu usage of xpadder in the taskmanager? Does this happen with every game? If there is no game running, does it still happen? Also, did you update your xbone controller firmware via the xbox accessories app in windows 10?

shanegriffin

Post by shanegriffin »

The cpu usage goes up to 20 percent. It happens even when no game is running. I updated my controller but it is still happening.

Mobeeuz
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Mobeeuz »

What version of xpadder are you running? Can you provide an MD5 checksum of your xpadder.exe? Is this every game or just certain games? If so, can you provide examples of which ones do and which ones don't? Did you get your laptop refurbished or new? How old is it and when was the last time you cleaned the vents and fan exhaust? Are you overclocking or running any system enhancement software in the background to speed gaming up? I assume you have run an antivirus/antimalware scan but if not, then do so.

antiriad

Post by antiriad »

same here.

Mobeeuz
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Mobeeuz »

Same Questions.

antiriad

Post by antiriad »

last version
dunno tye md5 but it's xpadder.exe from site
15-20% CPU usage on windows (idle so)
maintened desktop pc (only xpadder have high cpu usage...)
no OC
eset smart security + malware bytes antimalware
win 10 x64

Mobeeuz
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Mobeeuz »

And your system overheats and shuts down, only when you are using xpadder + XB1 controller? I've loaded and reloaded xpadder over and over and I can't get it to do more than .02% long enough to register the usage. Are you on the fast or slow ring for windows update? The xbox app has a game bar that enables itself by default, have you tried turning that off and/or updating to the xbox beta app? Does xpadder have 15-20% with no controller attached or only when you plug in the XB1 controller? Does Joy2Key give you the same problem?

Experiment: Try using taskmanager and terminating ApplicationFrameHost.exe (It will terminate all Windows 10 store/native apps including M$ Edge, so be warned) does the usage drop? If not, shut down xpadder first before terminating, then relaunch xpadder to see if the usage is down.

antiriad

Post by antiriad »

WHAT THE joy
2key u speak about ???? :)))

->

1 seconds after my post i've set exclusion to NOD32 ANTIVIRUS & Also to Malwares bytes realtime one...

also, YE ! i uploaded win 10 with this latest update.

=> this resulted in a 0,2 % usage too.

==================SOLVED==================

but i'm steal wanting to someone help me disable gamepad for microsoft edge navigator !!!!!!!!

cause it's conflict with xpâdder .*

edit: my SOFA + myTV is elit3.

shanegriffin

Post by shanegriffin »

Adding an exception for Xpadder in AVG anti virus solved it for me as well. It's now back to 0.2 percent usage.

Mobeeuz
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Mobeeuz »

I'm surmising NOD/AVG have some kind of wrapper/sandbox mode for unknown programs... I use Avast, minus everything but file shield, so I've never come across this issue. Glad you solved the problem though, and that it's documented here for others to read.
antiriad wrote:WHAT THE joy
2key u speak about ???? :)))
It's a freeware xpadder-type of program, very basic but many people use it. Xpadder is superior in every way so I wouldn't worry about it now that you solved the problem.
antiriad wrote:but i'm steal wanting to someone help me disable gamepad for microsoft edge navigator !!!!!!!!

cause it's conflict with xpâdder .*

edit: my SOFA + myTV is elit3.
I'm not 100% clear on what you mean here. I would create a new topic and explain the question further. Try posting in your native language and then translated into english.

Return to “Xpadder not working in Windows”