XPadder Loading But Not Working

ChiroVette

XPadder Loading But Not Working

Post by ChiroVette »

Hey everyone! To start, I LOVE, love, love XPadder. I have been using it for as long as I can remember for GTA and other older PC games that do not have controller interfaces built in. I have never had a problem on any of my gaming rigs, including this one. Until now.

Basically, what's happening is that the program loads up, but never reaches the ability to load any of my profiles or button configurations. The little magnifying glass just perpetually spins. I should note that XPadder has always worked fine on this machine. I tried rebooting the computer, to no avail. I can access the settings (wrench icon) but only to a limited extent. I can click on the controller icon on the left, but that leads nowehere useful. I can also click on Help button to get the version of the software, which is:

Version: 2014.01.01

System: Windows 8 Build9200 64bit
Xinput v1.3 DirectX 2007+

If any of that helps.

Like I said, I have never had a problem until now. Thanks all, and thanks Jonathan for many years of this fine program!

Edit: here is a screenshot:

Edit#2:
okay, I just tried downloading and running what looks like the latest version, which is ver. 2018.05.01 and the same thing is happening.

ChiroVette

Re: XPadder Loading But Not Working

Post by ChiroVette »

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to post an update. I had to reinstall the XBox 360 dongle for that same controller to work, which fixed the problem I was having with XPadder. Will try using my spare PS4 and/or XBone controllers at some point, to see how they work.

Return to “Xpadder not working in Windows”