PC GAMING ON THE HTPC --> HDTV

Comments and ratings from buyers of Xpadder
epicsesh

PC GAMING ON THE HTPC --> HDTV

Post by epicsesh »

Congrats on the new business model. Good for you. Never give it away for free.

I just paid for the product but had also tried it years ago - I've never really got it where I could use it vs. the games with built in controller support e.g. bioshock1, far cry2, assassins creed1, crysis 1 and 2, BOARDERLANDS, batman AA etc... the list goes on.

Profiles - the ones posted or the ones I've painstakingly created on my own just are too clumsy. So far... that is. Maybe after another 20 hours tweaking this product I can get it where it needs to be. Where is the manual for the latest version? this is just way too hard for those of us without the time needed to tweak. It takes days. I got minutes. PC gaming is now officially too hard. OMFG I bought this for 9 USD to play Bioshock2 and MW2. I suck with patience anyway but I gave this my best 2 days in a row ever.

Lawyers have won. Litigation has made PC gaming now just too effin much (at least for those of us with a PC / HDTV connected to the HDTV which has to be a large % of people who now will buy this.) Console gaming is just more $$ per game and bigger market. Why should PC devs/ publishers continue PC controller support? eff the lawyers.

xTx

Re: PC GAMING ON THE HTPC --> HDTV

Post by xTx »

too clumsy? im sorry that you feel that way, but i must indeed say that ive never seen XPadder as clumsy.
You start the program up, say which button you want to do what, and start the game :P

If you want some of the more advanced stuff, then yeah, it may take a bit more time, but we are at max talking about 15 minutes worth of setting up.
And as most of the games out there either doesnt support controllers or wont recognize all the controllers out there, Xpadder is a genious way to implement gamepads in gaming.

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

i can agree the adanced stuff is not for everyone.

epicsesh

Post by epicsesh »

I gotta say sorry for that whiney post I just came off too harsh there. It's not the programs fault - user error.

Is it possible to spend some cycles creating 'official' [advanced] profiles? This would be for profit and offered as a service to game publishers. It could offload the work of the game dev team building controller support if offered as a pre baked and tested profile (like saitek MW2 gamepad minus the gamepad). shorten the cycle for release dates. in the end the ADD types like me just plug and play. the manuals would show 360/ ps3 gamepad buttons / no need to create profiles

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

its okay some things like the hullbreach profile dont require the advanced stuff thats all.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Post by Jonathan »

epicsesh wrote:Is it possible to spend some cycles creating 'official' [advanced] profiles? This would be for profit and offered as a service to game publishers. It could offload the work of the game dev team building controller support if offered as a pre baked and tested profile (like saitek MW2 gamepad minus the gamepad). shorten the cycle for release dates. in the end the ADD types like me just plug and play. the manuals would show 360/ ps3 gamepad buttons / no need to create profiles
Creating official profiles is difficult. If you check out the Profiles forum you will see that some profiles take a few versions to get just right. Different controllers/PC settings/personal preferences have to be taken into account too. Testing official profiles is also difficult because not everyone has the game.
Perhaps we could add a voting system to the Profile forum or have some way of making a submitted profile become official via recommendation/review?
If this sounds interesting please post a message in the "Website and Forum Suggestions" forum and we can discuss it in a more relevant place.

YoJembo
Xpadder Xpert

Post by YoJembo »

Here is a good example, this took me a few goes:

YoJembo's BioShock 2 Profile

I also game on a PC/HDTV setup over HDMI*... you are not alone. :)

*And it's friggen awesome. :D

FARSTRIDER
Xpadder Xpert

Post by FARSTRIDER »

YoJembo wrote:Here is a good example, this took me a few goes:

YoJembo's BioShock 2 Profile

I also game on a PC/HDTV setup over HDMI*... you are not alone. :)

*And it's friggen awesome. :D

i have tried using my tv's vga but 720 isnt enough especilly if i have to mess around with the settings to get it fully streched out & its kind of inconvenient to use an external keyboard mouse. but im going to retire my old laptop soon with a dell studio maybe. but i might still load a broadcom crystal hd PCIe Mini Card(in place of the wifi ini card) unless by the time i replace it broadcom comes out with their expresscard ver.

Return to “User Reviews”