You're totally awesome

Comments and ratings from buyers of Xpadder
Nytewalkyr

You're totally awesome

Post by Nytewalkyr »

Seriously man, thank you. The money I paid for Xpadder so long ago, just don't seem to quite cover what having this little program has done for me. It may sound like an exaggeration, but it's opened up gaming for me in a way I never thought possible. Let me explain.

I'm a console gamer, always have been. From the early days of the nintendo when I was a teenager (Yes, i'm that old), on to the Genesis, the SNES, Playstation (Before it was called a PS One), and so on. I'm left handed, and when I learned how to use a computer, it felt natural to use the mouse with my left hand. At the time, no one said .. Hey kid, in 10 years when you want to play computer games, you're going to want to use the mouse with your right hand, because everything will be set up like that. So, I blissfully learned everything the "wrong" way. At the time, sure there were games .. but most didn't have so many buttons, that I could easily remap everything over to the number pad, and be fine. I mean come on, most games just had 4 directionals and MAYBE a jump. Flash forward, where now I'm playing games like Assassins Creed, and getting my games via Steam saves be a bunch of money .. so the majority of my game catalog is on my computer. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how one views it) gaming has gotten more complex. I find myself running out of buttons REALLY fast, or having to put buttons I'll need often, in strange places that just don't .. feel right. It doesn't help much, that while there are gaming mice out there .. the best I can find for use with a left hand, is a mouse from Razer that adds 2 side buttons, one being so far up the mouse that you had to twist your hand to hit. So really, there's just the one extra.

What was all that leading to? Using Xpadder, I can use my Xbox controller, set things up the way they make sense to me (which tends to be vastly different than anyone else apparently) and not have to feel like a second class gamer because I'm not bloody right handed. So yes .. having this program, while it may seem like a convenience to a lot of people .. it's allowed me to play games I really just can't otherwise. I tested this over the last few days, installing Mass Effect again and giving that a go. Never got off the first planet .. even remapping it was .. it just felt so alien (pun totally intended).

So Jonathan, thank you. You've let a mid 30's gamer find a way to not suck just a little bit less. :D
Last edited by Primal Fear on 20 Jul 2012, 12:54, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed first sentece, as I have moved the post to the right place.

Return to “User Reviews”