network drive error

Tinner

network drive error

Post by Tinner »

Hi, I'm new to xpadder so far I like the software but I am getting an error when it's closing. I am using it with rocket launcher.
the error says this program is already running from somewhere else.

\\network drive\xpadder\xpadder.exe

current location

Z:\xpadder\xpadder.exe

I installed it on the network drive and when setting it up it recognized the Z:\ path correctly. Not sure what is happening.

Jonathan
Xpadder creator

Re: network drive error

Post by Jonathan »

When running Xpadder and an instance of Xpadder is already running two things can happen:

a) If Xpadder is already running from the same location you are re-running it from, the main window will either appear (if it is currently minimized) or minimize (if it is currently on screen)

b) If Xpadder is already running from a different location, you will see the error message you mentioned

If this problem happens when it is closing from Rocket Launcher it probably means that RL is closing Xpadder using the "/C" command line option but it is referencing a different location for Xpadder - instead of closing Xpadder it is actually starting it from another location

Try these steps:

1) Check if Xpadder is running (there will be an icon by the clock). If it is, close Xpadder by right-clicking that icon

2) Run Xpadder from drive Z directly from Windows/File Explorer (do not use Rocket Launcher)

3) Re-run Xpadder from drive Z directly a few times to see if it appears and minimizes correctly

4) Right-click the Xpadder tray icon to fully close Xpadder

5) Re-run Xpadder from drive Z directly

If all those steps work then the issue is with how RL is triggering Xpadder

Tinner

Re: network drive error

Post by Tinner »

Thanks Jonathan for the response. It was being launched more than once, and the /c was there. I had to edit the keymapper.ahk to fix the problem.

Return to “Error message while using Xpadder”