Xpadder forgets settings (and auto profiles) after shutdown...

crazydude991

Xpadder forgets settings (and auto profiles) after shutdown...

Post by crazydude991 »

Hi,
I've been using Xpadder for a massive 1 day now and I spent a lot of time setting up auto profiles (a great feature!). Problem is, if I ever close Xpadder (through Ctrl, Alt, Del Task Manager) or reboot my pc I lose all these painstakingly set up settings... And other preferences that I have changed too...
Also, the next time I open Xpadder I have to read all the product statements, warnings, etc. again. However, my profiles and controller layouts do remain.

Please, if anyone can help with this issue, do!

Kloreep
Xpadder Xpert

Re: Xpadder forgets settings (and auto profiles) after shutdown...

Post by Kloreep »

This means your preferences file isn't getting saved. Where are you running the Xpadder executable from?

crazydude991

Post by crazydude991 »

It's saved in a file in my documents... I did read somewhere that it won't work under program files as it's then read only... But I don't think this is the case here.

UPDATE:
it's definitely not read-only as I've now checked that in the .exe file's properties panel.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

If you close Xpadder via Task Manager or by pressing the Reset Button, Xpadder cannot save the changes in the settings.

If you shutdown your PC normally via the Start Menu or close Xpadder on it's icon in the system tray (middle click or right click and "Close"), Xpadder should close normally and save all settings.

crazydude991

Post by crazydude991 »

Great. It seems to be working as long as I avoid closing it via task manager.
If I force shut-down (ie. holding down the "on" button) will I lose preferences??

Reboot
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Reboot »

Every program will lose some or all of its settings if it is force shut-down without saving.

Whenever the “Controller Settings” tab, or the “Profile Settings” tab has a yellow coloured background then it isn’t saved.

Reboot
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Reboot »

Kloreep wrote: Where are you running the Xpadder executable from?
crazydude991 wrote:It's saved in a file in my documents....
If you create a map on your D: drive with the name “Expadder”, copy the EXE file to this map, install from this map and save all of your “Save files” to this same map, then if ever your computer get’s messed up and you have to reinstall windows again then none of your Expadder files or saved settings are lost.

Primal Fear
Xpadder Xpert

Post by Primal Fear »

Reboot wrote:Whenever the “Controller Settings” tab, or the “Profile Settings” tab has a yellow coloured background then it isn’t saved.
Yes, this will affect the controller layout/profile. But not changes in the settings like the Auto Profile list.

Return to “Xpadder keeps installing/forgetting settings”